7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Is it bad for the car if you haven't start your vehicle for a while?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xgtcivicturbo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is it bad for the car if you haven't start your vehicle for a while?

Because of the winter season, the cold weather eat up my vehicle battery. I has left my 7th gen civic without charging the battery or start it up. I'm wondering is it bad for a vehicle that haven't driving for a while that needed to start up and needed to be drive? What is the outcome of a vehicle? Needed further info thanks in advance!!
Old 03-11-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Is it bad for the car if you haven't start your vehicle for a while?

well its not good for the car did you at least add some fuel stabilizer also critters will set up camp in your engine bay and chew on stuff.
Old 03-11-2012
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

If the battery sat in a discharged state, it is now most likely bad.
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by lowlife9
well its not good for the car did you at least add some fuel stabilizer also critters will set up camp in your engine bay and chew on stuff.
I didnt put in any fuel stabilizer when i put my car away, how important is it?
Old 03-14-2012

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

How long has it sat? Less than a year, you will be fine.

I have let cars sit 3 years and they ran more or less ok.
Fresh fuel helped performancewise, but I can deal with darn near anything.
Old 03-14-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Sorry for me being the ****, but "what the outcome of grammar bad for answer good?"

Serious face on here...

I agree with ezone, you should be fine. We had a car parked for about a year between running it for more than one occasion. That was because it's kind of our "vacation car" of sorts. Anyways, we've had very few problems with it. I'd just say to give it a visual once over, if you have plenty of small critters to check the hoses (you never know), and either drain the fuel tank, or keep putting fresh petrol in so you can dilute out the sh** that's been sitting in there for a long while.
Old 03-14-2012
Registered!!

DarkSouljur has a spectacular aura aboutDarkSouljur has a spectacular aura about

Im not worried about small critters the winter here woulda killed them off haha. The cars gunna be sitting for about 3/4 of a year being driven bi-weekly for like 15 minutes just to keep the engine running. The only way i can turn my car on is by boosting it
Old 03-14-2012

You need a fresh battery, then you need to invest in a battery maintainer to keep it fully charged.

Running it for 15 minutes every 2 weeks is probably not enough to keep it charged up.
Old 03-14-2012
Girls twist wrenches too...

Roxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the roughRoxie is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by DarkSouljur
Im not worried about small critters the winter here woulda killed them off haha. The cars gunna be sitting for about 3/4 of a year being driven bi-weekly for like 15 minutes just to keep the engine running. The only way i can turn my car on is by boosting it
Originally Posted by ezone
You need a fresh battery, then you need to invest in a battery maintainer to keep it fully charged.

Running it for 15 minutes every 2 weeks is probably not enough to keep it charged up.
Agreed on the fresh battery. However, I'd say use your car as a weekend driver. Also, your alternator might not be charging right. Hard to know by only running it for 15 minutes at a time, and that far apart. Swap the battery first, then see what happens.
Old 03-22-2012
Registered!!

Oh i know for sure that the battery needs changing its given me problems before i put it away. But i said id just boost it until i pull my car out again then ill buy a fresh one. The cold weather killed it for sure, like it couldnt maintain a charge for two hours, but with warmer weather coming back its been able to hold a charge for a while, granted it still needs to be changed either way