7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

De-Stroke and Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011
Busy Speeding!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough
De-Stroke and Turbo?

Hey guys i think im going to start saving up for a turbo set-up for my d17. I want to go to 200 hp + which means i gotta go with forged internals.

Since aftermarket d17 parts are so damn expensive, could i get a d16 crank, d16 eagle rods, and vitara pistons, and even though ill lose displacement, it will still be beneficial?
Old 10-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: De-Stroke and Turbo?

Did my little turbo find make you a little envious? haha
Old 10-23-2011
Busy Speeding!!

SlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the roughSlimRisk is a jewel in the rough

Aha ive been tinkering with the idea for awhile, and i added up all the costs in my head and im pretty sure i can do a low-buck build c:
Old 10-23-2011
Registered!!

Received 120 Likes on 80 Posts
chozobody is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SlimRisk
Aha ive been tinkering with the idea for awhile, and i added up all the costs in my head and im pretty sure i can do a low-buck build c:
Thats what i'm shooting for. Watching a kpro on ebay right now, so we will see. That kpro will hands down be the most expensive part of my build.
Old 10-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

de-stroking increases top end power. doing a de-stroke is complicated because the d16 and d17 have different blocks, if you just swapped in straight d16 internals the pistons would be sticking out of the block.
Old 10-23-2011
Busy Speeding!!

What about going with d16 pistons? Or vitara pistons? Ill check shopkey5 tomrrow for the piston height and block height
Old 10-23-2011
Busy Speeding!!

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...questions.html

Found this info using google. Shouldve searched...damn. And knology.com says d17 pistons bring a 27mm height.

EDIT : Checkin this site for compression ratios and it seems Vitaras wont work and stock d16y8 pistons are 9.28 i think. Ill keep searching for pistons

Where I live, the altitude is about 750 feet above sea level. which means that drops my comp ratio by about 0.2 points. I believe the comp ratio would also be lower than 9.28 because all the selections for a d17 are all a2. and I have an a1, which has a 0.4 lower comp ratio. so were looking at a total comp ratio of about 8.7. looks pretty good for a turbo application.

http://www.zealautowerks.com/dseries.html

Last edited by SlimRisk; 10-23-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-23-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

IIRC the stroke is the issue, so you need to use d17 rods or custom length rods.
Old 10-24-2011
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
danilo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

My Saab has 9.5:1 comp.. It's running 20 psi boost. It has cast pistons, it also has Oil jets for piston cooling.
The ECU uses the sparkplugs as sensors sending a low voltage thru the plugs after EACH firing thereby using the Plugs themselves as Sensors for : Knock, Air fuel mixture, ignition tiimng and Boost level. Works Fine With minimal DIY ecu reflashes it can hit 300 hp on Stock everything, 500 if one starts swapping in Large turbos and injectors.
Wayyy Too many **** Ant 'shops' are pushing mediocre to crap aftermarket Turbo bolt on stuff which all to often is completely inferior product.
I think boosting for Mo' Power is Great! Just don't get ripped off... Is MY point.
READ a lot then Read some more and you will have a much better chance of a healthy durable power gain without a shitload of pricey bolt on junk.
Old 10-25-2011
Registered!!

pjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of lightpjb3 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by danilo1
The ECU uses the sparkplugs as sensors sending a low voltage thru the plugs after EACH firing thereby using the Plugs themselves as Sensors for : Knock, Air fuel mixture, ignition tiimng and Boost level. Works Fine
I would be interested in where you got this information. I can't think of any way "sending low voltage thru the plugs after EACH firing " could provide the information on Knock, Air fuel mixture, ignition timing and Boost.

Saab always liked to be a little different so I'm curious how they managed it.
Old 10-25-2011
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Now I want to destroke my k24..

f22c crank ftw!