7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New to the forum.. don't own a civic yet..

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2011
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDUB348 is an unknown quantity at this point
New to the forum.. don't own a civic yet..

Hey there.. so just as the topic states i just joined the forum but have yet to buy a civic. I am waiting on a job offer to go to work at Boeing (i have been told to expect a job offer within 1-2 weeks).

So with that, i currently have a 2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.. i completely love the thing, but i do not want to be daily driving it on the freeway every single day.

I've been looking around on craigslist, and ive come to see that honda civics are pretty much the best bang for the buck when it comes to price and mileage. I just wanted to see what you all thought of these 3 Civic SI's i found:

2003 Civic SI Super Low Miles

2003 Honda Civic si ep3

HONDA SI !!!!!!!!!!!!

The first two kind of have me wondering if they really are Civic SI's.. they dont have any I VTEC lettering on the engine itself.. are they actually SI's? I just found that blue SI tonight.. and out of the 3 i'd lean towards that one the most i think. I'm not totally spent on buying si's.. but these are some of the better deals i've found on craigslist. I'll be looking to spend around $6,000 and am just looking to get the lowest amount of miles on the vehicle that i can.
Old 04-02-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: New to the forum.. don't own a civic yet..

Yeah, they are all EP3's

That one just has a nice cover on it
Old 04-02-2011
Registered!!

7genmarathon is an unknown quantity at this point

I see you like to have some power under the hood. thats always a good thing! I miss my Mitsubishi Montero.

All three of those engines are the K20A3 series. I forgot its power output, but its significantly more that a non-si civic. The reason the top two do not have "I-vtec" written on them is because the previous owner took the cover off to put in an aftermarket intake.

Notice the top two cars have a black, or polished intake between the engine and battery? those are aftermarket. The blue civic has a stock intake resonator on it.

In my opinion I like the blue one. It is stock so the owner might not have tinkered with the engine putting aftermarket parts.
Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

the engine i like but that model si is hideous.get the blue one.
Old 04-03-2011
Registered!!

JDUB348 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks alot for all the responses.. once i know for sure i have this new job, i'm gonna start looking to buy the commuter

If i do look at these cars, i definitely will look at getting the blue one over all 3.
Old 04-03-2011
Kenny the Ricer

Kennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond reputeKennykid2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Like lowlife said, I'm not a fan of hatchbacks either

But the engine I would like

Anyways, get what you want, and make sure you get it thoroughly checked out before purchase
Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

thefatalepic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kennykid2002
Anyways, get what you want, and make sure you get it thoroughly checked out before purchase
Emphasis on thoroughly. I bought mine at night without fully checking it out, turns out every single thing is flawed.. the upholstery, the trim, the moldings, the suspension, everything was done very poorly. When it rains my car leaks from my rear-view mirror.
Old 04-04-2011
That Dude with the Questions

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by thefatalepic
When it rains my car leaks from my rear-view mirror.
From your mirror?!? That's messed up lol.
Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Shift-E
From your mirror?!? That's messed up lol.
Lol, it is!! I was seeing a drop out of the corner of my eye and kept feeling around everywhere thinking I was crazy. Then I, for some reason, decided to move the mirror around a bit (it doesn't actually move but I was putting force on the metal thing at the top) and sure enough.. the next time I braked about half a cup of water pours out onto my radio and into the cup holder..
Old 04-04-2011

Shift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the roughShift-E is a jewel in the rough

Lol, it is!! I was seeing a drop out of the corner of my eye and kept feeling around everywhere thinking I was crazy. Then I, for some reason, decided to move the mirror around a bit (it doesn't actually move but I was putting force on the metal thing at the top) and sure enough.. the next time I braked about half a cup of water pours out onto my radio and into the cup holder..
Man that sucks so bad. How does that even happen? The mirror doesn't even go to the outside...
Old 04-04-2011
Registered!!

Man that sucks so bad. How does that even happen? The mirror doesn't even go to the outside...
I think it's getting in through the middle of the top windshield rubber molding. I think it's leaking in slowly and somehow building up by the mirror, so when I move it it pours through where the mirror is mounted or where the plastic meets the fabric of the roof.

The good thing is that it's been about 75 degrees this last week so we're at Summer weather, at least for now.
Old 04-05-2011

I think it's getting in through the middle of the top windshield rubber molding. I think it's leaking in slowly and somehow building up by the mirror, so when I move it it pours through where the mirror is mounted or where the plastic meets the fabric of the roof.

The good thing is that it's been about 75 degrees this last week so we're at Summer weather, at least for now.
well i hope you can get that looked into! Sounds like a horror story to me lol
Old 04-06-2011
Registered!!

well i hope you can get that looked into! Sounds like a horror story to me lol
Lol... the best part is, Monday and Tuesday of this week were at 75 F degrees, today is cloudy and tomorrow is chance of rain. That's the nice thing about Southern CA, we get summer and winter all in one week.

/thread hijack