7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

It's the little things...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PacosTacos88 is an unknown quantity at this point
It's the little things...

I am a broke *** college kid just trying to find joy in the little things that people have done to their cars and try to get some ideas at the same time.

I love the cleared headlights and new grill
http://reviews.turbometal.com/wp-con...g-lights-1.jpg

Sub trunk that doesn't kill trunk space:
https://www.civicforums.com/diyimages/DSC00277.jpg

Blue LED dash:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/d...s/DSC00046.JPG

Dash accent kit:
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...ayerMetal5.jpg

Spoiler Lip:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/2/4...7_o.jpg?nc=537

Ebay intake with AEM filter:
http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/eautotun...1-Civic-EX.jpg

Tint:
http://www.window-tint.co.uk/templat...indow-tint.gif

All for about 250 bucks.

Anyone else have anything pretty cheap that they've done to their car that has made it stand out just a lil?
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold
Re: It's the little things...

i wrapped my headliner,visors and all my pillars in faux suede for around 90-100 dollars.

Last edited by lowlife9; 09-29-2011 at 02:54 AM.
Old 06-14-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,156 Likes on 806 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I converted my dash lights to blue LEDs for about $20

Name:  SDC13346.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  45.8 KB
Old 06-15-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Both fantastic ideas... Carbon Fiber interior accent is nice too, and you can get it OEM, or wrapped. I like wrapped because the CF looks better in my opinion. You can do it yourself for pretty cheap too. Not the best picture but you get the idea.

Name:  DSCF4316.jpg
Views: 862
Size:  110.6 KB
Old 06-15-2010
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

Here is my suggestion.

Save a little coin and buy some new shocks and lowering springs....

Go get some Rotas or XXr wheels....can be had for as low as 90 a rim.

Ebay front lip

other than that its just little excents here and there. Just dont buy the entire ricer section at pepboys....please

On and dont spend money on those trim kits. They look like **** once you get them in the car. And they dont hold up well to heat.
Old 06-16-2010
Registered!!

Those blue LED's look sick.

Originally Posted by CrewChief
On and dont spend money on those trim kits. They look like **** once you get them in the car. And they dont hold up well to heat.
Bummer, I was really lookin to silver accent the **** outta my interior...
Old 06-16-2010
Remebers the old days

CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

If you must (And I am in no was condoning this action) you are better off taking the trim off and painting then. It looks better and lasts longer.

You could also redo your door trim and leave your accent plastic alone...

Old 06-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

You can paint the trim pieces. My radio dash bezel piece is painted (a close rattle can match) to my car's blue, so is the trim around my shift boot and the shift boot-shift **** plastic connector piece.

As for my dash lights, I bought a 100 pack of SMD LEDs on ebay for hella cheap, SMD 470ohm resistors at a fry's electronics for 4 bucks, solid 20 and 26ga wire and soldered the **** together using the DIY guides at LEDautomotive.com.. I started out using their DIY kits, but the SMD leds are a lot brighter than the 3mm ones they supply. You can also find it for cheaper.
tools i used: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...52numbered.jpg
how small the components I used are: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y25...x/SDC13350.jpg

edit: lol @ crewchief's not condoning painting bit. I didn't see that post when I posted. But I don't think mine looks that bad, but to each his own
Oh, and since the SMD LEDs are so tiny, I doubled 'em up (wired in parallel) to increase the brightness, and I had to get creative with the climate control pushbuttons. there's 2 of them for the 3 buttons, one of which supplies 2 of the buttons, the other supplies light to it's own. I ended up wiring 4 of the SMD leds in paralell, set much like a carat sign (^), with 2 on each side. It seems to work perfectly as show in my dash picture

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 06-16-2010 at 01:54 PM.
Old 06-16-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
It seems to work perfectly as show in my dash picture
Did I miss something lol, where's this picture?

Any recommendations for some cheap(er) good looking rims?
Old 06-16-2010
Administrator
Administrator

the pic in my first post on this thread.

What kinda price range you looking at for rims?

enkei, 5zigen, konig, and buddy club also have some nice rims for pretty good prices
Old 06-17-2010
Remebers the old days

Also look at XXR wheels. Real cheap and good looking.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

PurpCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CrewChief
Also look at XXR wheels. Real cheap and good looking.
Lol I'm looking to trade mines
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

PurpCivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Stand out with some good hid at night, tint your tail lights or do what most cars doing in the A, a jdm bike rack
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

If you do HIDs right, it can be a bit spendy..

spendy being a relative term to the nature of this thread.

edit: with the morimoto mini bi-xenon's from theretrofitsouce.com ($135), a DDM tuning h1 hid kit ($30), a bit of creativity, and a little bit of downtime with your car, you can have a retro for under $200.. so there's a cheap way of doing a retro

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 06-17-2010 at 01:34 PM.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

ok.lol lowlife9 where did you get the suede and tbohar where did you get the double din dash kit? i cant find one to save my life. oh and also with that retrofit stuff could some one send me a thread on how to? i kinda like the way it looks also could i make it a halo 2? or is it? i havent seen one with a night shot.
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Look at my HID thread to see light outputs for a TSX retro, and look for electric130's tsx retro DIY guide.. It'll give you ideas on how to do a retro. Gearbox also has a few DIY guides to do retros with various different types of projectors.
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

my new HIDs: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-new-hids.html
Post #1 are initial install with rough aiming
Post #5 has pics with proper aiming
Post #8 has my old H1 kit beam pattern

electric's DIY guide for a tsx retro in TY headlights: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...cs-inside.html

DirtySamurai's Valeo TYC retro DIY guide: http://retrofit1.dirtysamurai.com/

Gearbox's (I think) Valeo Retro: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ml#post4458266

Gearbox's E46 Retro in OEM headlights: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/4...cs-inside.html

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 06-17-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

cmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura aboutcmiller_01ex has a spectacular aura about

the way it looks it would be easier to just buy a set of projectors.lol and you cant do this with the stock headlight? im new to this i didnt even think it was possible honestly
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

check the last edit i made.. It just takes some creativity and more-or-less clean ghetto-rigging, but you can retro damn near anything. The retro I wanna do is on my sister's OEM honda fit headlights
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

lol alright and what kind do you suggest i use? just askin. idk if you put it in befor or not. sorry...lol oh and i like those dual halo lights is that still possible with the 2001 stock headlights? or would it looks stupid? idk
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

i got the material from JO-ANN fabric.
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

do they got a website or what?
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

also what did you use to glue it?
Old 06-17-2010
Registered!!

yo and if you want subs that dont kill space but will bang. id get some alpine type s either 10's or 12s then put them in a sealed box. read the specs i mean it takes up like...half a foot of trunk space and its like a foot tall thats for tens.lol and they hit hard.
Old 06-17-2010
Administrator
Administrator

My jl audio 13tw5 has a 2.5" mounting depth and requires .8ft³.. Hits harder than a ****.. lol
Old 06-18-2010
Whachya lookin at?

BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

You can get the double din dash kit on ebay or pretty well any local store. A lot of places sell it as a single din but you can cut out the plastic piece in the middle and make it double din. That's all, Metra makes the kit

http://cgi.ebay.ca/2001-05-Honda-Civ...item5887cee1b1

Last edited by BlueEM2; 06-18-2010 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Add link
Old 06-18-2010
Registered!!

thanks man and yealol how much did your jl cost? i have been wanting to get into those. but if they are pricy imma just save up to get fi audio btl. imma put two 15's in the trunk...yea buddy
Old 06-18-2010
Administrator
Administrator

$380 shipped lol

Seeing as how it retails for $550 though..

here's how small my box is
Name:  SDC12992.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  60.9 KB
Old 06-18-2010
Whachya lookin at?

I'm not totally sure but aren't subs supposed to be in an enclosure designed for the sub. I.E. Size wise? I can't remember the word for it exactly but your supposed to have a certain amount of air volume in a sub enclosure to make sure the sub lasts and also to get the best sound. Your box looks really small... I could be totally wrong here !!

BTW. That looks like a badass setup nonetheless
Old 06-18-2010
Administrator
Administrator

that's actually built to spec. Interior volume for the recommended sub box dimensions they give is .801ft³ or something like that. The box I made is .807ft³

Thats only a temporary setup, too. I've just been hella lazy. Spare's going away, hole being cut to the outer diameter of the sub, and mounting said box under the floorboard I made. Prolly gonna put a sheet of preforated steel down over the hole then carpet it, with the grille showing. LEDs prolly gonna be added for ambiance. lol

Quick Reply: It's the little things...