7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Want more power!!! What next?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99blackrt is an unknown quantity at this point
Want more power!!! What next?

Hi everyone,

I'm pretty new to the import scene and am used to v-8 power houses. That being said I now have an 03 Honda Civic LX 1.7L that has a header, no cat and resonator, bigger pipe from header back to free flowing muffler and a CAI. I'm going to be changing the clutch out for a stage 2 soon. I'm wanting to know what else I can do to gain some extra power without spending a bunch of coin. I'd love to go Turbo but can't afford that right now.

Edit:
Since I'm doing the clutch are there any benefits to putting in a new flywheel and if so what and which one to get?

Thanks,
Chad
Old 06-13-2010
Registered!!

waddle313 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Want more power!!! What next?

yes i would like to know about what is a decent clutch and if there is any improvements for a lightened flywheel for our cars. how is the car w/ a lightened flywheel in stop and go traffic? any good suggestions for a clutch on a totally stock civic? I think i'm finally going to need a clutch on my 02 civic
Old 06-14-2010
HLC
Registered!!

HLC is an unknown quantity at this point

my suggestions for more power? get a new car. theres nothing you can do cheaply that will result in decent power. best thing to do is get k-pro

and seriously, this is your 3rd thread saying/asking basically the same thing. just continue to post in the same thread and not make new ones.
Old 06-14-2010
Pistol grip pump in my lap at all times

mr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the roughmr22508 is a jewel in the rough

Nitrous...
Old 06-14-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,149 Likes on 803 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

If you want power, get another car or dump a **** ton of money into the engine bay
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

Gold Ghost has a spectacular aura aboutGold Ghost has a spectacular aura about

can we all say dude so u know there must be 1000 threads that awnser this. to awnser the other question yes there is a benefit to a light weight flywheel. i have the fidanza ultralight weight flywheel an i believe it weighs like 6 lbs. it behaves quite nice in traffic. acceleration is much better with it.
Old 06-14-2010
Whachya lookin at?

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
BlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond reputeBlueEM2 has a reputation beyond repute

K20 swap
Turbo
Nitrous

That's about it. nothing else will make this car fast. nothing.
Old 06-14-2010
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

I have used 3 different flywheels and I'll add this

If you go turbo do not go anything less than an 11lbs flywheel. Wheel spin is a bitch with the 6lbs

For anything N/A or N2O got 6lbs.
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

Originally Posted by CrewChief
I have used 3 different flywheels and I'll add this

If you go turbo do not go anything less than an 11lbs flywheel. Wheel spin is a bitch with the 6lbs

For anything N/A or N2O got 6lbs.
this info sounds good. what about a clutch? as for me and making power w/ this car i'm not really looking for that. I took the "get a new car" advice about 5 years ago and bought a turbo car that i put my money into. the civic is just my dd that i try not to ever work on unless something happens to the car. it has over a 115k on it now and is finally starting to show signs of a clutch on its last leg.

I just want to put a decent clutch in the car, not some $150 pepboys clutch. I would like to get at least another 100k miles on this next clutch like i did on the factory clutch. I'm a cheap *** so i set a 200k mile mark that i have to hit before i can get a new dd. unless i total the car of course
Old 06-14-2010
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

Well for longevity you cant get any better than OEM. I'm partial to Comp Clutch just cause they are a great company and have worked with me on many of my trial and error ventures with clutch discounts. I am using a stage 5, 4 puck unsprung now that is good for 450wtq. But you dont need anything like that.

A CC stage 2 street disk would be perfect for what your looking for. Not agressive at all. Peddle feel is just like stock. Not the cheapest but worth the money in my eyes.

I used an ACT stage 2 years ago but it could not hold up to my growing project and blew out after 6 months. I put wayy to much to it though. It was a good clutch though. Its also on the cheaper side.
Old 06-14-2010
Registered!!

good info. i'm going to see what the stock parts cost from honda and compare the prices of aftermarket. The stock has always been good even when i first bought the car and thought it was a race car and beat the crap out of it every stop sign.... lol