7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Not possible to do?...

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newjd2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not possible to do?...

So I've been wanting to put custom dual angel eyes on my 04 LX coupe and I've come to the conclusion it isn't possible on the stock headlights so what do I do then? I know on the 01-03 'vics people buy the tyc projector and then fit their own dual angel eyes and then wire it all up...

So...what are the options for the 04-05 'vics to have dual angel eyes?

I was thinking to buy these...pry off the crappy angel eye and then fit 4 ccfl around each bulb.

Click image for larger version

Name:	02-AZ-HC04-PCC-R-A-1.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	77725
Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Not possible to do?...

That sounds like the best thing you could do for the dual angles. You should do some sort of retrofit while your doing this. Then youll have some badass headlights!
Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

you could buy stock 04 lights and add your own individual LEDs and wire them up if your good with that kind of stuff.
Old 12-24-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

check hidillusionz.com they have some sick dual hid projector retro for oem 04-05 civics, and im sure you can add halo rings too.

Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

it doesnt seem like there is a very big selection for halo lights for 04-05. with those lights inparticular too it looks like a HUGE bitch to pry that halo ring out without doing damage or breaking something becuase it looks inset. also, do you really want the projectors or only the halos? because if you dont care about the projectors, i would just order a set like this and pry these halos off. they should just pop off with the wires attached because they are barely attached to the headlight. then youd have the 4 halos to just wire up to your stock headlights if you figured out a way. even though that set is for 01-03, the halos would still work.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

how much do they want for the dual retro fit the site is under construction ???
Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Anything is possible with a little bit of magic.
Old 12-24-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

or money lol. i think that dual setup cost over $1k with parts and labor.
Old 12-24-2009
Registered!!

dammmmmmmmmmm a grand i was thinking more like 350 400 F that.
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

LOL...

Gotta pay to play with the big boys....

My acura cl-s one stock hid kit for just one headlight cost's 500 bucks, including bulbs too.. Everything is expensive these days..
Old 12-25-2009
Premium Member

the newer lexus LED headlamps are like $6-8k EACH
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

But people who drive those cars really don't care.. They got money anyways..
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
thats crazy you could either buy head lights or another car hmmm decisions decisions.
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

Lexus headlights= crazy...other than that lol...

the 04-05 aftermarket halo headlights selection just seem few so I'm truly just thinking about buying those halo headlights off of ebay made for the 04-05 and fitting my own halos on to it because looking at the stock 04-05 headlights it doesn't seem possible to add dual halos...

Do you guys think it'll be easily possible to buy the ebay halo headlights i showed...pop the lens off...pry the halo off...buy a ccfl round halo at the right width and then pop it in both places...glue it/ tie it down some way and then wire it up...Sounds like a good idea and seems possible...and considering I haven't seen anyone else really do it it might really be worth it....what ya think?
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

and untuned...i don't care about projectors in anyway because the 04-05 ones are aftermarket projectors seem to be crap without a retrofit...so if I can find stock type ones I'd get them it's just that the stock ones don't allow me in any way to put a halo ring around the bulbs...That's why I'm thinking about prying the halo off because it will leave me with an open and readily available spot...
Old 12-25-2009
Registered!!

04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gearbox
I am just going to pretend that your lying.
Old 12-26-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

if you doubt theres anyway to use stocks, you have to decide if you want the halos enough that you are willing to use shitty output projectors from now on.

i dont think the overall project is too much, except for the fact that the halo in those lights youre looking at looks like a bitch to get out. first thing youll have to do is order those headlights, getting the lens off shouldnt be hard and see if youre able to pry that halo out without doing damage. once youve done that, youll have to see if you can find halos the same size to fit in those same spots, and halos for the high beam spots. i dont know how lucky youll be with that.

as for installing new halos, it should be very easy. halos only have two very small wires that you can drill a very tiny hole and run them through. you can also mount them in place by using a very small amount of plastic epoxy, or plastic glue of some kind. you wont have to ever worry about them falling out of place or moving because they have no weight to them.
Old 12-26-2009
Registered!!

Yeah I think I'm just going to order them and measure for my own halos. I keep staring at my stock lights and I just don't see how I could fit my own halos on it because by all means if I could keep my stock lights and do it I definitely would especially after hearing all the crappy stuff about aftermarket projectors...It may be worth the try in the end...
Old 12-28-2009
Registered!!

Hey man check out my thread, this may be a possibility for you to get your dual angels without having crappy aftermarket projector lenses. let me know if this helps bro ! https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...-retrofit.html
Old 12-28-2009
Registered!!

Actually just posted on that thread....If you do it and actually do it successfully, definitely do a diy. I really want dual halo eyes in any way with or without projectors, but i don't want crappy projectors...
Old 12-29-2009
Registered!!

Yeah man ill keep in touch with this. Check out some projectors on eBay and see if there's anything that sparks some interest.