7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Help - iPod in 2001 Civic EX

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dbell is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Help - iPod in 2001 Civic EX

I am trying to get an answer about connecting an iPod to my 2001 Civic EX, but can't seem to find the right information.

I'd like to buy this iPod interface form LogJam:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/bli...ink1dmxv1.html

My Civic only has a single disc CD player. Will this not work? Do I need a CD changer for this to work?

Does anyone know?

Thanks for your help.
Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

PolishNProud is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Help - iPod in 2001 Civic EX

That kit seems pretty expensive for me, I'd rather buy a new deck for the same price that has an Aux port.

But if you want to keep it stock, just look at the back of the Head Unit and check if there is an empty 14-pin port. That's all you need for that kit to work.
Old 12-01-2009
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well for like 30 more bucks you could just buy an after market headunit that has the aux. in hole so you can connect an axillary cable to the headphone input on your ipod. for 100 bucks or less you can get a decent deck and put in yourself for free. There are many DIYs on here for that. But if you really want you stock hu then use this DIY https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...installed.html
Old 12-01-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah that will work, your EX cd player has a changer port on the back. but the best sound quality will be had from buying an ipod ready aftermarket cd player.

Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by gearbox
yeah that will work, your EX cd player has a changer port on the back. but the best sound quality will be had from buying an ipod ready aftermarket cd player.
Thanks for the info guys. If I did decided to go the aftermarket route, can you suggest any headunits that are iPod ready and would work well - and that are not too expensive? I will start looking, but wanted some input from you guys.

How does an aftermarket headunit look in the Civic? I like the factory stock look, so if I could find something that mounts nice and flush like that, I'd prefer it. Otherwise I might just get this cable.
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

Would this work in my 2001 Civic EX?

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-WXGT77UI-...4&sr=8-2-fkmr0
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

yes that would work. If you are into getting a double-din i would suggest this. http://cgi.ebay.com/JENSEN-VM8022-DO...item5883d96c28
it is that same price but it also plays dvds. So you can burn mp3 to a dvd disc and have like 5000 songs on 1 cd.
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sk8nbmxr411
yes that would work. If you are into getting a double-din i would suggest this. http://cgi.ebay.com/JENSEN-VM8022-DO...item5883d96c28
it is that same price but it also plays dvds. So you can burn mp3 to a dvd disc and have like 5000 songs on 1 cd.
Sweet, so a double din would fit nicely where the stock head unit is?
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

actual if you do not get a double din, you have to buy a new casing for the deck to go in. I personally got the Jensens double din. fits perfect. The one that i bought came with a small backup camera i stuck in my trunk key whole. everything shows right up on the screen.It is soo freaking sweet. Highly recommended!!
Old 12-02-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

here is a pic om my setup the unit is not as flush because its a flip out otherwise it would be almost completely flush i also used a METRA face plate adapter which leaves you with a small pocket under the head unit for storage . the best thing to do is to find a unit that plugs into the bottom of the ipod and not just the head phone jack for two reasons one being sound quality and the most important the ability to charge the ipod while its in use most of the units with that particular connection are behind the unit like mine so you can run the wire from the back directly into your glove box so there are no wires to deal with and you just throw it in there and forget about it till you download more music.

Last edited by lowlife9; 04-13-2010 at 01:39 AM.
Old 12-03-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by sk8nbmxr411
actual if you do not get a double din, you have to buy a new casing for the deck to go in. I personally got the Jensens double din. fits perfect. The one that i bought came with a small backup camera i stuck in my trunk key whole. everything shows right up on the screen.It is soo freaking sweet. Highly recommended!!
Which Jensen did you get - model number?
Old 12-03-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
here is a pic om my setup the unit is not as flush because its a flip out otherwise it would be almost completely flush i also used a METRA face plate adapter which leaves you with a small pocket under the head unit for storage . the best thing to do is to find a unit that plugs into the bottom of the ipod and not just the head phone jack for two reasons one being sound quality and the most important the ability to charge the ipod while its in use most of the units with that particular connection are behind the unit like mine so you can run the wire from the back directly into your glove box so there are no wires to deal with and you just throw it in there and forget about it till you download more music.
Looks good!
Old 12-03-2009
Registered!!

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_trkparm...&_sop=15&_sc=1 This one is 229 shipped. but the one i got is around 400. But it has a jack to hook up a ps2. plus the ipod jack. It comes with HD radio and million other sick fetures. And it also has a USB 2.0 so I have a external hardrive hooked up in the glove box. I would highly recomend getting this if you can spare the money. heres the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-JENSEN-VM942...item5ad5565091
Old 12-09-2009
Registered!!

Fox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond reputeFox04coupe has a reputation beyond repute

get a new cd player. that's what i'm doin...
Old 12-10-2009
Registered!!

trubluciv will become famous soon enough

agreed......get a headunit that has a usb hook up....then you can wire it anywhere....i myself have my usb cord run down my center dash(behind the headunit of course) under the cup holders....under the shift **** and have it attached in my sliding drawer on my console..that way i can still have my ipod charging....and i do not have to detach it when i leave my car....it says hidden so no one will steal it....also....i can pull it out with the usb cord so the passenger or anyone in the back seat can also dj.....
Old 12-10-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah usb is really the best way to go. direct connection, and you can use whatever huge size of flash drive they have too, not just ipod.
Old 12-10-2009
Registered!!

Deff best way. Bestbuy has a 100gb battery operated external hardrive . I wired to my USB and the hardrive is in my glove box. fits perfect and 100gb is my whole music folder so i kind listen to everything and anything i want.