7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Difference in Grille's?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staninator is an unknown quantity at this point
Difference in Grille's?

I found some nice type R grille's that I've always wanted. One is on ebay for a much nicer price but the other is on pro civic for like $60. IS there a difference in construction or quality really? I mean it's a grille but if someone had had experience please let me know! Thanks!

Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/01-02...Q5fAccessories

Procivic: http://www.procivic.com/pages-produc...135/index.html
Old 10-21-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Difference in Grille's?

same plastic and design, first one is for 01-03 civic, second is 04-05 civic.
Old 10-21-2009
Registered!!

Good stuff man thanks!
Old 10-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yea make sure you dont get the wrong one. the 01-03 will NOT fit properly into an 04-05 car. they are not the same because the headlights are shaped different. make sure you get the right one.

theyre all made literally exactly the same. i bet every single one of them is made in the same factory in hong kong that you see on every website online including ebay. buy the one off ebay. ive even compared mine from ebay to the ones guys have locally that they bought at car shops for twice the price and its the exact same.
Old 10-21-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

its all just profits yeah. they make it overseas for $1, then the companies decide how much it should sell for in retail. some place charge 30, other place change 100. the only difference is how much money they make off you.
Old 10-21-2009
Registered!!

I have an 01' ex so it should fit. Yeah I was wondering why some places are much more expensive than others. They look identical but it's like a big price jump. Pro-civic sells it for like $60 and ebay is like $30. Ebay it is
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

yea good plan. you would be amazed at how many 'big' or 'top of the line' companies you see in magazines, internet ads, or online websites actually have ebay stores with some random name that has nothing to do with their company. they know that if they sell on ebay, they will make much less per item, but more in the long run for the number of items they sell. any well run company understands that any profit is better than no profit, so they cater to people like me for example who know exactly where to look to find the deal. if i were to buy everything i have on my car right now through magazine ads, online websites, or tuning shops, i would have paid literally 3 times what i actually paid to buy most of this stuff through their ebay companies. its the exact same products, brands, and manufacturers for all of it as well.
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

True that... Lil things like this ebay is the way to go, but big things like turbo's and stuff... A big no no...
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

well yeah, dont get me wrong. i think it was you i showed the 'ebay turbo' and how it was glued together with carpenters glue just a couple of weeks ago. what i meant doesnt really apply to anything 'mechanical' if that makes any sense. when you want serious mods or parts you go to the right places for them, but as for most mods people do to 7th gens on here, ebay is more than safe if you find the right item from the right seller.
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

carpenters glue ummmmm did you take pics ???
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

GreenMachineDX is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a pic of it somewhere on here...
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by lowlife9
carpenters glue ummmmm did you take pics ???
yes. carpenters glue. yellow wood bonding hardening carpenters glue.

read through this thread, i posted a url there showing it: https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...956-turbo.html
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

sk8nbmxr411 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3758473 This is link for the glued together turbo. I was just reading about this a few days ago. Pretty messed up, but I still use ebay for most things. Its not bad as long as you kno what you are getting before hand
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

Damn I'd be so pissed off if I got that turbo... I never go cheap on car parts! I ordered that grille this morning so I'm pretty stoked to put it on! I also got a cool full body inflatable ***** costume that I get to dress up in for halloween
Old 10-22-2009
Registered!!

haha talk about being a giant ******** ...literally