7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

In what order should i do my mods?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KurtyG123 is an unknown quantity at this point
In what order should i do my mods?

So i was making a list of what mods i want to do to my currently everything stock except the headunit 2002 black civic lx.
heres what i plan on buying, also feel free to recommend where i should buy them and other mods i should buy, also also keep in mind im installing them all myself so something fairly simple to install.
ok so here:
Short RAM intake
Header
HIDs
Foglights
Speakers
Amp
Strut Bar
Rims
Tint
...anything else? and in what order
PS also keep in mind im not made of money and i go to school so i literally dont have ALOT to spend. just some.
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

rednwhite04 will become famous soon enough
Re: In what order should i do my mods?

Since you said your not made of money and your still in school i'm assuming your just trying to jazz the car up a little. With that in mind I will tell you this: skip the header, without full exhaust it doesn't do anything and even with full exhaust it makes a small difference. Without suspension a strut brace is not really worth it either because in 4x4 mode the body roll is going to be horrible anyway. HIDs are gay. Other than that, i'd say you have a nice list that will make you very happy with the end result. Rims, tint, nice stereo (white mans bass only please) are a great way to start. You can always broaden the horizon later.
Old 07-29-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

intake then strut bar then maybe some audio mods.
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

cheapest place to buy a short RAM intake?
and i'm really indecisive on which to buy. AEM is like the mainstream, Injens are kinda a bit off the main line, and then Weapon Rs look ill.
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

Get a Weapon R. They are quiet at low RPMs and Loud at high RPMs. The others I have heard are just loud all the time and that gets annoying...
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by BJanzen
Get a Weapon R. They are quiet at low RPMs and Loud at high RPMs. The others I have heard are just loud all the time and that gets annoying...
Secret Weapons are like 220 on ebay
Dragons are like 140 on ebay.

Last edited by KurtyG123; 07-29-2009 at 11:11 PM.
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

vsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond reputevsTerminus has a reputation beyond repute

I'm taking the inside-out approach to my car.

I spent the majority of my time with my car sitting inside. Some of you may strap a lazy-boy to the roof and string ropes through the steering wheel, Mr. Bean style, but I like to have a nice interior before I do anything else.

Stereo first (A head unit can go a long way, but nothing beats a fully aftermarket stereo system, and it's a FUN DIY)
Tint and other interior mods next
- eg. Changing out the LEDs in your dash and other illumination
- Wheel/seat covers
- Painted or new panel covers (Around the stereo, vents, etc)
- Whatever else you think is nice without being tacky

Then move outside and do your rims/tires, followed by engine mods

At least that's the way I'm doing mine.
Old 07-29-2009
just a man with a civic

sicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of lightsicma99ot is a glorious beacon of light

springs, lip, rims. then when it looks good you can do anything else you want in any order.
Old 07-29-2009
Registered!!

baron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of lightbaron340 is a glorious beacon of light

1. Suspension, just struts and springs will do fine
2. Intake, cheapest ebay pipe you can find and an aem dry flow filter is as good as it gets
3. Wheels, even Volks look goofy on a 4x4
4. Cat back, whatever floats your boat noise wise they all perform the same
5. K-pro
6. Wiseco pistons, crower cam and rods, big fat turbo
Old 07-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

do your intake first. since all intakes perform basically the same, i also say get the cheapest ebay intake you can get, and get the aem dry flow filter. altogether you will still be under 80$. it beats spending 150-300 on the brand name that does absolutely nothing for you.

second i would say do the inside of your car. amp, speakers, sub, deck (which you already have). remember, be comfortable in your car....youre the one driving it, not the people looking at you as you go past. thats why its always nice to get the inside done. your system, maybe some tint for privacy.

the rest are all cheap mods and it doesnt matter much which order you do them in. the only one expensive there would be rims/tires which would be probably the last one you should do if youre short on money. for the price of them you can get pretty much any other 5 mods on your list done.