7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please I need some help

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kboom36 is an unknown quantity at this point
Please I need some help

My 2001 2 door civic 1.7 engine was due for a timing belt so I had a mechanic install it two days ago. The car ran fine up until today. My check engine light came on and my tach stopped working and the car is sputtering and stalling and the green security light is flashing. There seems to be good spark and gas. The car is burning really rich as well. I tried to retrieve the codes with my code reader but it keeps coming up that there is a break in the data link. My code reader works on my crv so I know that there is nothing wrong with the reader.

Last edited by kboom36; 06-28-2009 at 05:08 PM. Reason: needed to add some more to post
Old 06-28-2009
Registered!!

+MM+ will become famous soon enough
Re: Please I need some help

Hmm...if the problem started shortly after your mechanic worked on it, the only suggestion I have is to not touch anything and take it back to him ASAP.
Old 06-28-2009
Registered!!

I think im going to tow it to the dealer tommorrow. I was hoping that with all the electrical issues going on that someone here might know whats going on. Im wondering if the car kind of lost the memory for the ignition keys.
Old 06-28-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like maybe the battery connection came loose? im sure he pulled it off when doing that work and maybe didnt get it tightened enough. all those problems are from bad connection of the clamp to battery.
Old 06-28-2009
Registered!!

Just checked my battery terminals and both are tight
Old 07-01-2009
Registered!!

Well, after searching on this site and several others for several hours I found this thread on this site about how the ecm will go into LIMP MODE ..... https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...ror-codes.html .... and it seems that the mechanic that put my timing belt on must have done the same bloody thing as in the thread. I went to him and asked but he wont admit to it. I was wondering if I should check anything with the altenator before the new ecm (computer) is installed so as not to fry this one as well.