7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1

fuel system flush

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all
fuel system flush

have any of you guys done a fuel system flush of any kind? if so, how hard was it and how did you do it? what did you use? price?

also, have any of you changed the manual transmission fluid? and again... how hard? how did you do it? what did you use? price?

i got my oil changed in a shop yesterday and they tried to convince me to do a fuel system flush which was about $100, and the manual transmission fluid flush and change which was another $120. id rather not spend 200-250 just on that if im able to do it myself.

any info is appreciated.
Old 05-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light
Re: fuel system flush

You can change your transmission fluid. Heres a link:
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/7...ssion-oil.html

Why do you need to do a fuel system flush??
Old 05-25-2009
Registered!!

unTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to allunTuned is a name known to all

no idea. my car is at 120k km (about 75k miles) and the guy said that its highly recommended around that time. then again, they always 'recommend' everything. just thought id look into it.
Old 05-25-2009
Registered!!

BJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of lightBJanzen is a glorious beacon of light

O alright thats what I thought. Im sure someone else will know whether you need to or not. I wouldnt be worried about it thought. I had "severe carbon build up" in my car at 34xxx miles...Honda can go f *ck (can we use vulgar language here?) themselves. They wanted 200+ to do a pressure treatment. Dont think so...Im guessing its the same idea as that.
Old 05-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

www.lubecontrol.com best continuous oil and fuel flush there is.
Old 05-25-2009
Registered!!

hey gb, you use both products? the one for oil and the one for fuel?

so you add this into your gas tank every single time you fill your gas up? about 1.5 oz for 15ish gallons?

what about the oil one? do you add 3oz or so per oil change?
Old 05-25-2009
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

yeah ive been using both for about 4 yrs now. the lc20 is for oil. you add a first dose when you change the oil, so if your car holds 3.7 qts of oil, you add 3.7 oz of lc20 to it. be sure not to overfill, add the lc20 before pouring the oil. then every 1000 miles, you add another 1 oz of lc20 until you change the oil and start over. the oil will easily last 10k miles using this product. but the filter prolly will be clogged by then so i usually only wait 6-7 months or 6k miles.

for gas, use fp-plus. 1 oz per 10 gallons of gas every fillup. great stuff. get the 1 gallon jugs cause they are the cheapest and will last at least a year or more. get the measuring bottles too its very handy to have one for each additive.
Old 05-26-2009
Registered!!

whitealexander is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the link..
Old 06-13-2009
Registered!!

02_civiclx is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my fuel flushed at Walmart for $20. I get this done every 5th oil change. I change my oil every 45 days coz I commute so much. This is such a great commuter vehicle.
Old 06-13-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

walmart ????? walmart does auto work that's funny.
Old 06-14-2009
Premium Member

yeah they prolly pour in a $2 bottle of stp fuel cleaner lol. walmart shouldnt be anywhere near cars.
Old 06-14-2009
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to beholdlowlife9 is a splendid one to behold

ahh i don't know it would all depend on the people working on the car not necessarily the location . but i still wouldn't bring my car there lol.