7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Not sure about a weird noise I hear occasionaly.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protan988 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not sure about a weird noise I hear occasionaly.

Hey guys I hear a noise from the my engine every once in a while. Its very small it almost sounds like a small gurgle or something. My coolant has gone down about 0.5 a litre in the past couple months. Im worried about having a tiny head gasket leak that could get worse. Anything you guys could suggest to check that? Or something to put in ti prevent or stop the small problem? I was thinking og using an engine seal to swell up the gaskets a bit, probably going to use TKO Friction shield on my next oil change. Hear really good things about it. Here is the link for it. What do you guys think of it? http://www.kleenflo.com/en/index.htm
Old 02-12-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Not sure about a weird noise I hear occasionaly.

most likely the small headgasket leak if you cant see where coolant is going. thats air in the system youre hearing when coolant gets burned and the level drops. nothing in a can will fix it, so eventually you will need a new gasket. after it gets worse, you may start getting misfires when you first start the car cold.
Old 02-12-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Protan988 is an unknown quantity at this point

Anything to do to slow it down dramatically? Everything is fairly normal on the car, gas mileage is fine everything seems fine. I just want it to not come soon.
Old 02-12-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

happened to me once, it will only get worse. and youll have alot of white deposits on your plugs and in header/exhaust. anything you pour in from a can will just make things much worse to the point where when you go to replace the gasket, youre gonna have to clean up the mess it made and possibly dump the engine. only people who try that stuff are the ones driving beater cars that cant afford to have it fixed so they try the can. if it ruins the motor, then they have no car. if by some chance it helps, they have the car a bit longer.