7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

honda corporate?? radiator breaking tranny.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sentbacktothesu is an unknown quantity at this point
honda corporate?? radiator breaking tranny.

has anyone here had to deal with the customer relations people at honda?
long story short my transmission died last year, it was replaced march 10th, 2008... well it went again this week. but this time due to the transmission cooler in my radiator, which leaked anti-freeze into my tranny which killed it.

the radiator that was in the car was a honda part that was from a honda dealer my body shop installed after an accident i was in not even 2 years ago..

so after going through a ton a red tape.. and calling person after person in a chain of call this person for this.. i got a number for my regional honda customer relations..

when i spoke to the guys at the honda dealer that supplied the radiator to my body shop i was told there was only a 1 year warranty on the radiator and even if honda validated it.. they wouldn't cover the tranny... all i know is im pissed. the radiator only has 50K on it...

dont radiators usually last atleast double that?

so tomorrow im getting all my work orders from my body shop and my transmission shop and getting everything i can to present to these honda people. from my experience with my civic i must say they have lost a customer. ill shop domestic or german next time.. sorry.

just need advice and suggestions... i dont want to be screwed but i want something done about this, i dont exactly have 1800 lying around for this job.

Last edited by sentbacktothesu; 02-05-2009 at 01:36 AM.