7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can't open #$%^ front passenger door

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gints is an unknown quantity at this point
Can't open #$%^ front passenger door

I have an '02 Civic DX-G sedan, and have a power door lock switch on the driver's door only. Recently I found that I can't open the front passenger door from the inside OR the outside with the door unlocked.

Since I can't open the door to remove the inside panel, so will I have to trash the panel or can the door be slim-jimmed from the outside?

Expertise greatly appreciated.
Old 01-11-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang
Re: Can't open #$%^ front passenger door

You should still be able to get the panel off enough to be able to get in there and open the door. Start from the bottom and instead of being able to use a panel popper like you normally would to seperate the panel and clips from the door's holes, pull it from the door with some suction method- I'm thinking like a plunger or something like one of thoes handles that glass carriers use. You wont be able to get the section near the dash off, but you should be able to get in there enough with a hand to open the door.

I'm not very famil with slim jims. I stopped steal cars when I gave up playing grand theft auto. Give it a try if you got the know how.
Old 01-12-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bubshady is an unknown quantity at this point

I Have The Same Problem Roll Ur Window Down And Have Someone Lock The Doors From The Button On THe Driver Side And Push Down On The Passenger Sid e Lock And When He Unlocks It Pull The Lock Button Up At The Same Time. Try That A Couple Of Times. It Works For Me. I Think Of It This Way. It's A Really Cheap Anti Theft System LOL. But Good Luck W/ The Advice.
Old 01-12-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

i had this problem after i installed my door speakers. all you need to do (this is for coupes at least) is undo the panel inside the door handel, unscrew it, then pull it off. then pull the tiny crooked metal bar towards the backseat and it will open. reattach it to the puller-thing and Wa-La.