7th Generation Civic 2001 - 2005 In the years from 2001 to 2005 Honda released it's 7th Generation Civic.
Chassis codes: EM2, ES1, EP3, EU1
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

i need help please

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skyme05 is an unknown quantity at this point
i need help please

ok i plan o doing a k20a2 swap.... i know its ganna cost me at least 5k.... but my car is stock right now (em2,, i got rims lol wow)... what are some mods i could do that i wouldn't be wasting my money???? i know suspention i think ima go tien coil overs i need feed back please help
Old 09-20-2007
Registered!!

UnevolvedJ is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: i need help please

I suggest you search around the internet much more before posting a question like this. Check K20a.org, there are some guys on importpassion.com, 7thgenhonda.com and civicseven.com that have done this as well. There used to be a superb DIY on here, but I think it's gone.

Reader's Digest version: Search.

As for mods that will give you performance... Most suspension mods would be worthwhile, but I/H/E will do nothing but change the sound of your motor. There are unsubstantiated claims that some catback-intake combos actually detract from performance by sapping what little low-end torque we have.
Old 09-20-2007
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
greeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to beholdgreeen01civic4d is a splendid one to behold

do coil overs, larger sway bars, motor mount bushings, and thats about it, unless u want to do a 5 lug swap, with discs on the rear
Old 09-20-2007
Registered!!

But a 5-lug swap could only be done at the same time as a K-swap. the K-series axles don't fit in a D-series tranny. A rear disc swap is done almost entirely for looks, it won't help you stop faster. Unless you take your car on the track habitually, it's not worth the hassle of tracking down all the junkyard parts you'd need, there's no company that stocks all the parts you'd need.
Old 09-20-2007
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

TRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz ErthangTRIZ Ownz Erthang

^ honda does.

Thats like saying dont waste any time modding because it's all for reason XYZ.

Better breaks will help you stop quicker.

Tein is very expensive, your paying mostly for brand. Search up on Megan coilovers. I got them on, and I'm satisfied.
Old 09-21-2007
Registered!!

Haha well yeah, Honda does, but it's several hundreds of dollars of parts. And there's a reason our cars come with drum brakes on the rear, given the specific setup. It's not really necessary unless you're hitting up the track quite frequently. Of course, it will do a marginal amount of good, but in all likelihood the driver wouldn't notice the difference at all.

And yeah, Tein is expensive, but like most mechanical things, you get what you pay for. Are you looking for a performance gain, looks, or both? And how much would you want to spend on your suspension setup? You could spend anywhere from $500 for new shocks and springs to almost a thousand per corner for track-ready full coilovers.
Old 09-22-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Megans are a good bang for the buck. IMO u get more than what you pay for there, compared to other "name brands" that are more expensive. Upgrade your rear sway to an ITRs or just a type-s bar. relocate ur battery in the meantime.. do some nice touches to ur interior. its all about the money really.. how much extra do u have to spend.. u can always not spend money on the D and buy some more K bolt ons to add on, once u get the motor in..

I suggest you search around the internet much more before posting a question like this. Check K20a.org, there are some guys on importpassion.com, 7thgenhonda.com and civicseven.com that have done this as well. There used to be a superb DIY on here, but I think it's gone.

Reader's Digest version: Search.
what are u talking about man? he doesnt need a diy for swapping the motor.. he asked what other mods he can do in the meantime that are worthwhile be4 swapping the motor in.. u shouldnt come in here and act like a mod... doesnt work to well..
Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

Don't talk to me about how I should or shouldn't act. I've been on these boards since it was 7thgencivic.com. Longer than you.

I was trying to provide some information and help him out with some background information. A motor swap is a big thing, and he'd best know what he's going to be doing to his car, especially if he's doing it himself.

But I digress. This isn't the place for an argument.
Old 09-22-2007
Registered!!

7psicivic is an unknown quantity at this point

I know you might have already thouhgt about this but what about a turbo set up...many peole on here are making awsome numbers on turbo's and with the cost of just a k20 swap u can get more horsepower out of the turbo...people on here are seeing 400+..the only parts u need are the turbo of couse downpipe,some added fuel.....and internals if u wanna make big numbers but its just a thought
Old 09-25-2007
Registered!!

skyme05 is an unknown quantity at this point

naw **** turbo for the d17 im coo ..... im not nocking anyone eles who has it its just not what i want.... the Megans coil overs you guys are talking about where could i pick up some and about how much.??? and what are itr's???.. and as fare as the breaks nothing will be done tell after the swap i think it would just be a waste of my money lol my d17 wont need the extra power for stopin
Old 09-25-2007
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

dezod... ur asking for mods be4 u put in ur swap. brakes arnt a bad idea if ur gona get them anyway? i dont see exactly wat ur saying then...