8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Leaks and weatherstripping

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Leaks and weatherstripping

My girlfriends 06 Civic DX Sedan has developed a couple of leaks. One in the trunk and one in the passenger side rear. In a heavy rain the spare tire well gulls up with water and the rear passenger floor gets damp as well.

I figured it would be cheap and easy enough to get replacement seals since they're more than 10 years old now and they're probably just perished.

Well. I'm having a hell of a hard time finding replacements. I've been looking through sites like Honda parts direct and they don't even have a category for weatherstrip/seals. Even rock auto doesn't lost anything. Am I crazy? I found what appeared to be a model specific door and trunk seal on ebay. The door seal arrived and doesn't appear to be the right part It has plastic clips on it and the seal around the door opening does not.

Does anyone know the Honda part numbers for these seals? Maybe I'd have better luck searching for that.

Old 01-13-2019
Registered!!

OweninGA is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Leaks and weatherstripping

Check the link below, number 12 for the Right rear door. https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ar-door-panels

Check this link number 21 for the trunk lid. https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ing--trunk-lid
Old 01-13-2019
Registered!!

The part numbers for the trunk seal is one of two - 74865-SNE-A01 or 74865-SNA-013.
The part number for the door seal is - 72810-SNE-A01
Old 01-14-2019
Registered!!

Originally Posted by OweninGA
Check the link below, number 12 for the Right rear door. https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ar-door-panels

Check this link number 21 for the trunk lid. https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...ing--trunk-lid
The part numbers for the trunk seal is one of two - 74865-SNE-A01 or 74865-SNA-013.
The part number for the door seal is - 72810-SNE-A01
Do those door seals go on the door itself? I think it's the seal that goes around the door opening on the car itself that's perished. I think the one I ordered has clips on it because it attaches to the door itself. I didn't have access to the car to confirm this weekend.
Old 01-14-2019
Registered!!

The diagram for the frame side of the opening is here https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...pillar-garnish
The right rear is part number 72815-SNA-A01ZA.

I wouldn't have thought of looking on the "pillar garnish" page to find it, but that is where it was. I didn't see anything similar for the trunk lid, but I think it only has one on the frame side.
Old 01-15-2019
Registered!!

The diagram for the frame side of the opening is here https://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com...pillar-garnish
The right rear is part number 72815-SNA-A01ZA.

I wouldn't have thought of looking on the "pillar garnish" page to find it, but that is where it was. I didn't see anything similar for the trunk lid, but I think it only has one on the frame side.

Yeah...it's not very intuitive lol!

Thanks for the help.

Do I need to use weatherstrip adhesive? It doesn't appear that there's anything there from the factory. Unless it disintegrated.

Last edited by Sigg; 01-16-2019 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-15-2019
Registered!!

They go on with tension on a metal reinforcement inside the part that slides onto the frame. As long as those are not spread out, it should just slide into place and stay put. If they are spread out a bit in shipping just squeeze them in with your fingers.
Old 01-16-2019
Registered!!

They go on with tension on a metal reinforcement inside the part that slides onto the frame. As long as those are not spread out, it should just slide into place and stay put. If they are spread out a bit in shipping just squeeze them in with your fingers.
Thank you sir!
Old 01-20-2019
Registered!!

Well, I changed the seals that I received. The trunk seal and the rear door-side seal. It rained a lot last night. Still some water getting in the trunk. It seems to be coming from the left tail light. I noticed that before but I thought it may have been water dripping down from the trunk seal, as the top of the carpet/trunk lining was also wet. Now the carpet in that area is dry, however there is still water on the tail light/wiring and it's flowing down in to the spare tire well.

I found this gasket:

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuin...2-sna-a01.html

Doesn't seem to be another part number for the other side...so I take it I can just flip it around based on which side it's getting mounted on. I also found a gasket for the reflector piece that mounts on the trunk lid itself. Same thing. Only one part number. So they're cheap enough I'll just order two of each and hopefully this will take care of the trunk.

The rear passenger floor is still damp. Not sure if it's residual or not but I haven't received the body-side seal yet and I'm positive that's the one that's bad. You can see the spot where it's leaking in, there's dirt built up in that spot and the seal doesn't feel right there. It's too soft.
Old 01-20-2019
Registered!!

I've never changed the tail lights on the 8th gen civic, so your guess is as good as mine on the left/right seal being the same, but the diagrams I looked at are just like the one you linked to, only showed one part number.

Good luck.