8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Engine misfire

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
belimbor is an unknown quantity at this point
Engine misfire

I have 2013 Honda civic hybrid and need your help. Accidentally I put water in the fuel tank, afterwards cleaned It completely, used high octane fuel about 1 week. Car had problems with performance and continous ,,engine misfire detected problem". Now it runs normally, I changed spark plugs, but sometimes it still gets ,,engine misfire" code and engine has vibration on low rpm-s, beeide, when engine check is on, hybrid autostop does not work at all. Can you advice what I can check and change?
Old 08-30-2018
Registered!!

RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough
Re: Engine misfire

what is the specific misfire code?
Old 08-30-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Accidentally I put water in the fuel tank,
Accidentally? doesn't make it any less bad. Bwaaaahahah
Now it runs normally
No, it doesn't.

The ONLY way to get all the water out is to physically remove all of the water. That means manually extracting it from the fuel tank and manually purging all traces from the fuel supplu lines.......AND manually taking apart the fuel injector rail to remove all traces of water. The fuel rail can hold A LOT of water and it will not be distributed equally
Old 08-31-2018
Registered!!

Jorily is an unknown quantity at this point

Why not scan it ?
Old 08-31-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Accidentally? doesn't make it any less bad. Bwaaaahahah
No, it doesn't.

The ONLY way to get all the water out is to physically remove all of the water. That means manually extracting it from the fuel tank and manually purging all traces from the fuel supplu lines.......AND manually taking apart the fuel injector rail to remove all traces of water. The fuel rail can hold A LOT of water and it will not be distributed equally
Accidentally means that it was nighttime and I took water balloon instead of fuel from the trunk. I manually extracted all the water from the fuel tank with manual pump and put 98 octane fuel.
Old 08-31-2018
Registered!!

As I mentioned above, I scanned and get: Cylinder 1 misfire detected error on OBD computer
Old 08-31-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by belimbor
I manually extracted all the water from the fuel tank with manual pump and put 98 octane fuel.
Originally Posted by belimbor
As I mentioned above, I scanned and get: Cylinder 1 misfire detected error on OBD computer
There's still water in the system, that's why you keep getting misfire codes.

Water is heavier than gasoline.
I'd be taking the pump out and tilt the car up on one side (or remove tank and tilt it) THEN extract water from the far corners of the tank, PLUS empty out the fuel pump module (bucket), PLUS take apart the injectors from the fuel rail to clean out the water that's trapped inside it, PLUS purge the fuel supply line between the tank and engine before putting anything back together.

I deal with contaminated fuel systems often enough to know where the water hides. This is the only way to get ALL of the water out and make the car run correctly on the first try.