8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2006 civic coupe trunk latch

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aquaminerale is an unknown quantity at this point
2006 civic coupe trunk latch

hello all:
i have an '06 civic coupe (2 door). The other day i slammed the trunk pretty hard and the next time I opened it then tried to close it again it wouldn't latch. i messed around with the latch to see if i could get it to work again and some broken bits of black plastic fell out of it. so, i'm guessing it's busted.

questions:
if i buy a used latch on ebay is there anything i need to look out for? is the latch for the sedan different than the one for the coupe? mine has the actuator (you can pop the trunk from the key fob) so i'm guessing i'll need a latch with that feature?

should i attempt to replace the latch myself? i'm ok with small repairs but don't want to get in too deep with something better left to a mechanic.

thank you in advance for any help/suggestions
Old 05-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 civic coupe trunk latch

It's just got a plastic cover and a couple bolts hold the latch to the trunk lid.

One wire connector for the solenoid and the cable for the manual release. Pretty simple there.

Take it apart and see if you can figure out how it works and what happened to it.
It's already broken, you can't hurt it much more now LOL

Part number wise, the power latch only fits 2006 coupe EX and SI. I can't tell from here if any other years or models can interchange.
Old 05-29-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2006 civic coupe trunk latch

A brand new latch might be about 55 rubles from one of the many Honda dealerships selling parts online at wholesale prices