8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

2010 lxs Battery Info needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2015
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
chuffsy is an unknown quantity at this point
2010 lxs Battery Info needed

Knock on wood , my sons 2010 lxs is chugging along. It has not been to the dealers for any repairs since new and we do our own maintenance, filters , oil changes and such. It is still on its original brakes. The car has 23k miles. Now I wonder if a battery change is imminent after four and a half years. It starts every time so far. The car is Central Florida so for civic owners in warm climates how long did your original factory last? If you don't mind giving me an idea of your mileage also. Thanks!
Old 01-14-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2010 lxs Battery Info needed

If it bugs you, just replace it before it becomes a problem.
You can get it tested for free at many places. Even the Honda dealer would probably stick their tester on it for free.

Batteries have always been kinda hit and miss. A few might make it to 10 years old (seen many) and some don't even make it off the dealers lot. Plenty inbetween, all over the scale.

Saturday afternoon....I just replaced my own battery at....something like 3 years, 4 months--- just because it had been sounding a little bit slow some cold mornings, and I was heading out of town this week. It actually failed the test when I checked it. I hate getting stranded or asking around for a jump start. (12 Civic, 15k miles)
It is still on its original brakes. The car has 23k miles.
At 23k, I wouldn't expect it needing brakes yet---but I have no idea how the car is driven. Someone who delivers pizza for a living is gonna wear out brakes a whole lot quicker than someone who travels the interstate non-stop.
Old 01-14-2015
Registered!!

My son is an easy driver and this spring when he comes down to S.FL ,We will replace engine oil and filter and the battery. I will use the old one as a battery for the garage door mounted remote opener . I heard complaints of the omron a/c relays giving trouble so I will replace with the newer version from mitsubi , I think I got that right . $19 from the dealer
Old 01-14-2015

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Mitsuba.
Make sure to use the new part number 39794-SDA-A05
$19? Cool. Seems like it used to be higher.

Many parts people don't seem to know there is an updated relay, they happily sell the original brand.
Old 03-07-2015
Registered!!

Well , I went ahead and installed a new Intersate brand battery ( group 51R) obtained from Costco ($79) down here in Miami. I installed the new relay for the air conditioned system ( it is the relay BEFORE the green one , facing the car ) keeping the old one as a spare(?). Out of curiosity ,I had the battery tested at Advanced Auto. It tested good ! 12.63V and 294CCA at 79 Degrees Fah. ( battery rated for 310CCA) I also changed the oil ( 4 qts of mobil 1, 5 20w ) and added about two cups , if that much of genuine type 2 non silicate Honda coolant ( blue in color). At 24k miles front brakes were still at approx. 50% worn. My son will most likely not exceed 5k for the next 12 months. Anybody knows at what mileage the transmission fluid needs servicing? I am a believer of doing things beforehand and I am inclined to drain and fill at the next opportunity
Old 03-07-2015
35+ Years Driving Japanese Autos

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
CraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of lightCraigW is a glorious beacon of light

Brake fluid is every 3 years, and I would suggest a DW1 drain and fill.
Old 03-07-2015

The AC clutch relay is position 12 in the above diagram. Make sure you got the correct one replaced.

At work we recommend every 30k for trans fluid, drain and fill with DW-1, no substitutes!

I personally prefer more often than that. I did the first ATF service on my own 12 Civic at 10k. I used to change ATF on my moms 02 Accord at every other oil change.

HTH