8th & 9th Generation Civic 2006 - 2015 9th Gen 2012 - 2015.
8th Gen 2006 - 2011.
9th Gen Chassis Codes: FB2, FB4, FB6, FG 3, FG4.
8th Gen Chassis Codes: FG1, FG2, FA1, FA3, FA5.

Anyone with issues with stability in windy conditions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaykay12 is an unknown quantity at this point
Anyone with issues with stability in windy conditions?

Hi all,

I have a 2009 DX-G 4 door sedan that I bought used in April last year. So far I've been quite pleased with it's performance, until this month. I didn't notice this much in the summer months but now I notice that the car becomes quite unstable when you drive into a head wind at highway speeds. It's actually pretty scary and you feel like it's going to push you off the road or into another lane. First off, it feels like you're driving into a wall as you try to accelerate. Then when you reach highway speeds you feel every single gust of wind almost rattle the car.

For comparison, my last car was a 2006 Hyundai Accent which by all measures is an inferior car. However, I didn't have any problems of this sort at all with it. So I don't think it's just me. I thought it might be the all season tires in the cold months. I used all seasons on the Hyundai in winter with no issues. I've experienced this on numerous occasions. The other cars just easily pass me because I have to slow down quite a bit to feel more in control of the car. It almost feels like there are packets of fast moving air that rush underneath the car and make it unstable, if that makes any sense. Would reducing the suspension help? It isn't particularly high right now. Not sure what's going on. It is pretty scary though.

Last edited by jaykay12; 01-02-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old 01-02-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Anyone with issues with stability in windy conditions?

when last you aligned car?
Old 01-27-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HondaLuv3r4Life is an unknown quantity at this point

I think I know what your talking about. I have an 06 ex sedan and when im travelling say between 60-80 it feels hella "darty". It has precise suspension, so that contributes to it too.
Old 01-27-2013
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,442 Likes on 1,198 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

not sure.

slightly off alignment causes similar too.

winter tires feels similar too, but he is on all seasons.