General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

DIY Push Button Start (Already did a search)

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ben_spawn is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy DIY Push Button Start (Already did a search)

Sorry I think this topic may have been really over "asked". I'm new and I really already did put alot of time into this thing and yet I still haven't found an answer. This is my last resort.

The idea of how I want my car to function runs this way. I insert the key in Lock position. Flip two toggle switches for accessory I and accessory II. Push a button for starting the car. However I have no clue with this setup if the steering wheel lock will be disabled when I start the car. Above that I have no clue when I press the start button if some of the electrical circuits would cut off like they normally do right now (eg. radio cuts off when you start the car).

The idea of my setup runs this way. I tap into the accesorry I, accessory II and the ignition wire--this way I'm hoping I can still start with just the key like normal. I'm wanting to tap into the power supply wire as well from the ignition switch to supply power into my circuits (I am not sure tho if this will work or if the current[amperes] here would be an overload or too little). I need 3 relays (I have no clue how many amperes for each of the relays either).

Accessory I and Accessory II would run on iluminated toggle switches.
Ignition would run on a iluminated push start button.

Toggle switches and push start button has 3 prongs. [Applies for all switches and push button] One prong would run to power supply (12V), another prong would be grounded. The 3rd prong would run to the relay #85.

#86 on the 3 relays would be grounded.

#87 on the 3 relays would be tapped into their respective wires for accessory I, accessory II and ignition.

Relay I (connected to toggle switch I) - accessory I
Relay II (connected to toggle switch II) - accessory II
Relay III (connected to push button) - ignition

#30 on the 3 relays would be connected to a power supply tapped from the ignition switch socket

Would this setup allow me to start the car with keys only OR the toggle switches as well?
Would this setup allow me to have my alarm enabled even after I've installed the toggle switches?
Would this setup allow my steering wheel to be unlocked when I use the toggle switches?

Please and thank you =)
Old 03-16-2004
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
bumb that I wanna know