General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

VAFC-->No VTEC Settings?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nengneng is an unknown quantity at this point
VAFC-->No VTEC Settings?

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG] I read the earlier posts about how apexi hasn't release settings or instructions on how to utilize the vtec engagement settings. So if I buy the VAFC and install it, then what settings can I change? I am a rookie, so please educate me. If I buy a VAFC, is that just as good or better as reprogramming my ecu. The way it sounds to me is the VAFC is better, allowing 4 different fuel maps! You guys tell me. Also, I have basic bolt ons: CAI, Header, Exhaust, Camgear-->Pully Kit. Waiting for JunUSA camshaft, my buddy called them today, and they are still testing. Maybe in 2 months. So, if I get VAFC, and Apex release VTEC info, could I jack up my engine? Detonate or something? I am just talking worst case. And with just those boltons I described above, how much horsepower can I gain with the AFC. Sorry so long-winded guys. All feedback greatly appreciated!
Old 03-12-2003
Registered!!

01civicboi is an unknown quantity at this point
just out of curiosity, how are you getting a JUNusa camshaft? JUNusa has already closed down and the only way to get JUN parts is to get them directly from Japan.
I only ask this since i've been communicating with a JUN mechanic in Japan (not about my civic of course)

EDIT: in regard to your question, the V-AFC allows you to modify your air/fuel settings and VTEC engagement
Old 03-13-2003
Registered!!

03_silver_ex is an unknown quantity at this point
Reprograming the ecu would allow you to adjust rev limiter and whatnot, the VAFC does not,as far as jacking up the motor, well its a fuel computer so if you improperly set it you could jack it up. As far as power gain, dont expect anything over 10 hp from the VAFC.