General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

cant take front bumper off to clear headlights HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CbOiEX is an unknown quantity at this point
cant take front bumper off to clear headlights HELP!

ok...i have a civic ex...and im trying to clear my headlights as of now but i cant even get the damn bumper off...ive looked at the diy and ive followed the instructions of removing the spoiler and such...i also removed the bolt right by the wheel...ive followed the instructions up till when you have to yank off the bumper..but i just cant seem to do it?...any suggestions?? thanks.
Old 01-12-2003
Tell me what you don't like about yourself....
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

CarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to allCarbonFly is a name known to all
It's really easy. Make sure you have gotten all of the bolts and clips off. Then pull on the passenger side firmly and it will pop right out. Work your way around to the drivers side.

It helps to have a friend with you on this one.

Old 01-12-2003
I spent 1425 points to do this.

SOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
SOHC to theRESCUE
u dont needto take off the whole bumper...believe me i did it last week...search...its been posted...make sure u get the two screws inside the wheel well, right along the edge of the bumper.... then take the 4 clips off over the thingy bob...i forgot the word...hmmmm yes- the grill. and thats it.. damnit, justIM me, i canexplain! kingBISH65 ive got pics too
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

2k2civicRAY is an unknown quantity at this point
You do not necessarily need to take the whole bumper off. This is how I clean the filter on my cold air intake. I did this today as a matter of fact. Open the hood. Take out the clips in the grill. Put them some place you won't loose them. Now go in each fenderwell and right where the front bumper joins the fender take out that screw with a phillips head screwdriver. Now put those screws where you put the clips for the grill. Go on each corner of the bumper and pull out and forward at the same time. Now your bumper leans forward and isn't gonna go anywhere. You have enough room to take the headlights off. I know, I put my angel eyes projectors in this way. Just get a 10mm socket wrench and take off all the bolts on each headlight. You'll probably need a long extension for the bottom bolt under the headlight. Its really easy, just do it this way and you can't go wrong.
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

Vesper is an unknown quantity at this point
yo you forgot to take the 4 little clips off. open the hood and look for 4 clips right above the grill two on each side of the hood relese
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
i did mine by myself, just use the little muscles you got and pull!!!! get [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] at it and it will come off!!!

INJEN
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

born2xLr8 will become famous soon enough
Same here...i did it myself and taking the whole bumper off is not needed. Once you make sure all the clips and screws are out, just yank. There will be some clanking sounds but it's just the clips holding the bumper to the fender. No worries there.

Edit: If you're not already done, this old thread may help.
Old 01-12-2003
Registered!!

CivicRicer02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Its so much easyer ifyou have someone help you