General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

painting top piece of door panel - need your help

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fuledya is an unknown quantity at this point
painting top piece of door panel - need your help

I'de like to thank everyone who's helped me get this far. I took the center radio, ac trim piece apart, and the door trim pieces, and will paint tommorow. What I want to know is how hard is it to take the top piece of the door panel off? I've seen the diy on removing the door panel but can anyone elaborate on this? If I remove the screws can I just start yanking it off? Or is their a certain technique? Once off, does the top piece seperate from the rest of the panel? I have gone this far and might as well do it all while I've got everything apart. If anyone can give their input I'de appreciate it. The piece I'm talking about is about 6" wide and pretty much runs along the top of the door, and sweeps up near the back of the door, just beyond the door locks. BTW, my car's a 2-door if that makes any difference.
Thanks,
Justin
Old 12-06-2002
Registered!!

2k2civic should not be trusted2k2civic should not be trusted
No, that peice doesn't come off seperately. To get it off, just fololow the DIY and then mask what you dont want to paint and make sure to mask off the top peice of the panel that runs along the window (I guess it's some kind of weatherstripping - just can't remeber now).
Old 12-06-2002
Registered!!

CivicPunker17 is an unknown quantity at this point
u can saw it off and then put it back together using little custom brackets but its easier to just mak it off. id only saw if i was wrapping it.
Old 12-07-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of lightWhiteRabbit is a glorious beacon of light
its not a saw piece, its riveted in with plastic rivets. each of the three pieces and also the map pocket are built in this fashion. it also means youll need a heat gun or a glue gun to get it back togerher in one piece again......