General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

"Drain Pipe"

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
"Drain Pipe"

does anyone know where exactly the drain pipe is?
and if it's clogged, would that cause water to leak into the cabin of the car and make it smell like mold?
I want to ask my dealership if they could fix it under warrenty, but they'll probably just say that "it's not a Honda problem".[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Any advise is good advise, forum don't fail me now!
Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PESTLNC is an unknown quantity at this point
If water is leaking into the car it's a Honda problem.
Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
One word.....DRAINO!

On a more serious note.....sounds like a honda problem to me too.[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]

EDIT: Wait a minute. Do you currently have this problem, or are you just asking?
Old 10-15-2002
Jon
Registered!!

Jon is an unknown quantity at this point
do you mean the drain pipe for the a/c??

i thought those drained out directly underneath the car...
Old 10-15-2002
Retired - SoCal FI Mod

iamboo is on a distinguished road
??? drain pipe ?? wtf??[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

BigHippo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
i thinks he's talking about the drains at the bottom of the windshield....if that's it they could be clogged with leaves or dirt, just put a hose up to the little holes and spray a little bit....sorry if i misunderstood the question
Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

BigHippo22 is an unknown quantity at this point
water got into my car, it came in through the hole where the hood release cable went through the firewall, I had an alarm wire runnin through it and the rubber grommet fell out, hence, my carpet got soaked so I had to take my interior out to let it dry for a couple days.....
Old 10-15-2002
Registered!!

TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it's a honda problem too, and yes, this is going on right now.
Funny you should mention something about the a/c, Jon, because that stopped working about the time water started coming in, however, i'm not exactly sure. But what i am sure about is why the dealership would say "it's not a honda problem". It was because i asked them to fix my a/c, i thought it was under warrenty. BUT, "It'S NOT A HONDA PROBLEM". That's another story in itself.

Bighippo, someone that owns a delsol told me something along the same lines as what you said, but i haven't been able to A) remove the plastic at the base of my windshield, nor B) examine the firewall to see if that's exactly where the water is coming in from. I took my passenger seat out and peeled back some of the carpeting in the front and back and there was a lot more water there than i thought! it was an f-ing LAKE!!! it took 3 good sized towels just to mop it up so it wasn't "soaking" wet, now just damp. But it keeps raining. Point of this is, although i pulled half of the interior out, i still wasn't able to pin point the exact spot were the water was coming in from.

Thanks for the help, and if anyone else can advise, please do, i'm at my witts end over this.
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-15-2002
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Boosted2k2 should not be trustedBoosted2k2 should not be trusted
The drain pipe for the a/c drains out in the engine bay. If it gets clogged there is a buildup in the condenser and when you turn on your vents you get a musty smell because of the mold, and you can possible get the drainage to leak into the car. If that is the problem and you wanna fix it yourself you have to find the drain, unclog it with like a clothshanger or something.
With the engine running, put the vent on the hottest setting, recirculation mode, and the mode that opens all vents. Run it like this for about 15 minutes. That will start to dry out the condenser. If you want (totally up to you) you can spray Ozium into the intake by the passengers feet to get rid of the musty smell and kill the mold, but the lemony smell is annoying after a while. You may have to run the vents on hot more times to get rid of it.
This happened to me in my Altima and in my ex's Jetta and that's how I fixed the problem on both. The Jetta, as with our Hondas, have the micron air filter. On the Jetta the smell wouldn't go away without replacing that too.
Hope it helps!