General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

SI's STEERING WHEEL ON EX COUPE

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2002
YS
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YS is an unknown quantity at this point
SI's STEERING WHEEL ON EX COUPE

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
anyone ever try the Civic SI steering wheel on Civic EX Coupe???[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

iamfob is an unknown quantity at this point
i want the Si steering wheel on my sedan...it will work for sure..but trying to find a steering wheel at the right price is a harder task
Old 10-10-2002
YS
Registered!!

try this LINK
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

CivicTypeR01 is an unknown quantity at this point
02 Civic SI steering wheel (USDM) Black leather with red stitching. (air bag included)
Code: SI steering wheel
Retail: $ 900.00
Your Price: $750.00
Order

Wow i think he was talking about at the right price, even though thats a DEAL too pricey for me! Good look to all that do it though!
Peace
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
you cant!

it will fit but...no ONE (mechanic, dealer, etc)
will sell you the air bag because the VIN #'s from the CIVIC, dont match the VIN#'s from the SI...so its illegal!

just ask greg at HONDAWERX...we tried...we called all the dealers and it was a no go!

TRUST ME I WANTED IT!...we even tried the S2000 steering wheel!

call your local dealer...ask them...
so sorry bout that!

(you can but the steering wheel, but you cant buy the airbag, and yo need the airbag casue then theres gonna be a big *** hole where the airbag goes...and all you'll be seeing is inside the steering wheel, and some wires)
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
one si steering wheel went on ebay for about 275 bucks, i made a bid thinking it would work but it's a good thing i lost it
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

BLUENVY01 is an unknown quantity at this point
actually, the only law i think that makes a steering wheel swap is either one of two....

(1) your not allowed to remove your steering wheel w/ air bag...IF...you will be replacing it with a steering wheel w/OUT an airbag.

(2) you have to have a certified HONDA TECH do the removal and installation of a new steering wheel with airbag.

--i dont believe there is a law against changing steering wheel due to VIN#s on the bag. mainly because people all the time get parts on their car w/ VIN#s changed due to failure, obviously being replaced with new parts with new VIN#s... for example... THE ENGINE!!
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

Intruder is an unknown quantity at this point
That dealer was probably just scared of liability, but when your bags go off, they replace them with ones w/o your vin number on them [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

keffin will become famous soon enoughkeffin will become famous soon enough
no mannnnn!

vin # for the civic have "certain" letters and numbers that lets you know that it is a civic!

same for accord, crv, s2000, lude, si, etc.

all civics have same combo of #'s in the front of the VIN(and then the rest of the numbers that say...that car belongs to "kevin")

but you cant mix and match the VIN #'s get it?
if you guys dont understand...pm me or call your dealer(they should be able to clarify for you)
Old 10-10-2002
Registered!!

speed werx is an unknown quantity at this point
i CAN get the airbag through my Honda supplier. i guess there is a way that dealers can get around having the cars VIN# The onyl problem keffin had was not knwing if it would fit, and paying so much for the bag and wheel. so yes i can get it
Old 10-10-2002
YS
Registered!!

the steering wheels have VIN# ????? is the VIN# located on the left corner of the dash????????[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-14-2002
YS
Registered!!

Does anyone know how to do the wire harness or custom wiring??????[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-17-2002
YS
Registered!!

ANYBODY[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-23-2002
YS
Registered!!

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]