General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

removing middle dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
removing middle dash

Hey i need to remove my middle dash piece to get to my cd player how can i do this. i have tried pulling and all kinds of crap after removing the air controls please help me out guys! thanks INJEN
Old 10-09-2002
Search and Learn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nicecivicvtec1ps is just really nice
???????????
Old 10-09-2002
Registered!!

injencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of lightinjencivic is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: civicvtec1ps
???????????[hr]
NOPE the one above that one man. thanks though. its the main one on the top where your ac controls are or your cd player is
Old 10-09-2002
Registered!!

notsodiseased is an unknown quantity at this point
youll need to first remove the part around the cig lighter ,this is done by prying all around the piece with a screw driver or other plying instrument,,,once all the clips are popped back,,remove the piece,,un plug the cig light,,then theres two 8 mm bolts youll need to remove,,once those are off,,pry back the middle dash slightly,,,very clisghtly i might add cuz i got all buck wild on mine an its tore up,,and it should pop out after a good tug,,,unplug the hazards,radio,ac controls and voilayour done
Old 10-09-2002
Registered!!

CrankinCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
a screwdriver ? its a little more involved, you can take apart your center consle or you can just grip the center peice and pull , i have never had troubles doin it that way, it takes a little to do it , but its safer then tryin to pop out your cig lighter.. i have done probably hundreds of the 7th gen civic .. and no issues but then you do have 2 8 mil bolts then just push from the inside out , and that will take a little pressure and unclip everything then its easy
Old 10-09-2002
Registered!!

KRAYZYDRAGON is an unknown quantity at this point
you don't need to pull out the buttons or take out the part where the cigarette lighter is.... just use a flat head and pop it out a little when you have enough room use your hands and pull it out... but make sure you use a towel with it or your gonna mess up your dash... it's easy i can take it out in less then a min... do it all the time...
Old 10-09-2002
Registered!!

dang all that to remove the middle dash, i didnt think you had to remove the lower dash with cig part