General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Jetta style rear signals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Jetta style rear signals?

The Jetta IV has a red turnsignal lens, with a yellow bulb underneath. When the signal turns on, it flashes yellow through the red. Does anyone know if it goes through a special kind of lens?? I know the turn signal is a little lighter in color than the brake light lenses, but my mom won't let me take apart her tail light to look. I want to try to put yellow bulbs in my rear turn signals, but I'm not sure if it will come though right. Oh well, I may try it anyway. I can run to Autozone at lunch to get them, but would there even be amber bulbs available for our turn signals? What's the number?
Old 09-09-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TYPE7RS is an unknown quantity at this point
no matter what kind of bulb you pop in there, i don't think it woll make much of a difference. Except make a real red-orange-y color shine though, but by no means at all should it mimic the A4 Jetta tail light. You answered your own question, the turn signals for the jetta are lighter, less red, than the actual brake lights.
Old 09-09-2002

liquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trustedliquidblue should not be trusted
i looked at my friend's jetta tails, they are way different than ours. there are red lines evenly spaced and they're solid, the light passes through the clear parts between the red. i don't know though, they could be some aftermarket lights, they don't look like the stock ones.
Old 09-09-2002
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Eh... It was a thought. I'll have to take a look at them closely later. It must have something to do with the prism configuration in the lens. VW does a good job with the stupid little things, but can't seem to make a car that keeps running.
Old 09-09-2002
Registered!!

Mazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Yeah I've seen those tail lights and would be interested in doing that same mod if it works.

I just assumed that the turn signal part of the tail light is alternating red and clear and the yellow passes through the clear part.
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

iNteGraz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: liquidblue
i don't know though, they could be some aftermarket lights, they don't look like the stock ones.[hr]
[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]
and yes, i am being an ***
Old 09-15-2002
Registered!!

iNteGraz92 is an unknown quantity at this point
so back to the original question... no matter what bulb you put in your turn signals, it will come out red. since the turn signal lens is red, ur screwed.