General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

**Help from the pro tuners please**

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weatherman is an unknown quantity at this point
**Help from the pro tuners please**

I was reading in Honda Tuning Magazine (latest issue)...It was talking about spark plugs...Saying that anything other than the Factory NGK's would "CONFUSE" the ECU....I guess do to the different temperature of spark and what not....Is this true and if so..why would people buy the Denso Iridium's and risk computer failure? Please cleare this up for me before I make the switch....Thanks!
PS: Not sure if this applies to the D series engine.....
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Hondasport01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Please hurry... I just ordered the denso's this morning.
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

DogstyleEX is an unknown quantity at this point
btw. the factory's are denso's... part number PKJ200CR-M11...
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Weatherman is an unknown quantity at this point
NO...Anything other than factory stuff...ya know like these $15 plugs made of Platinum and ones like those...
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I've used NGK Iridiums for months now and my performance has only been better (not worse). The ECU is going to provide a certain amount of voltage depending on the running conditions of the vehicle. Iridium plugs just utilize the existing spark more efficiently. NO WORRIES. Just make sure you have the correct corresponding part number. I would call NGK to find out what Iridium plugs they recommend for your particular vehicle.

I will never put anything other than NGK in my Honda. I personally don't feel that the performance is quite as solid with Denso or other brands.

TJ
Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

zetaR is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: 3rdcivic
I've used NGK Iridiums for months now and my performance has only been better (not worse). [hr]
According to NGK's website, they haven't come out with iridium spark plugs for the 7th gen civics yet. Am I missing something here?

Old 09-04-2002
Registered!!

Silver2k1Dood is an unknown quantity at this point
I've used NGK Iridiums for months now and my performance has only been better (not worse). The ECU is going to provide a certain amount of voltage depending on the running conditions of the vehicle. Iridium plugs just utilize the existing spark more efficiently. NO WORRIES. Just make sure you have the correct corresponding part number. I would call NGK to find out what Iridium plugs they recommend for your particular vehicle.

I will never put anything other than NGK in my Honda. I personally don't feel that the performance is quite as solid with Denso or other brands.

TJ[hr]

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]WHAT A DUMBA$$
Old 09-05-2002
DIY King

Grey has a spectacular aura aboutGrey has a spectacular aura about
[hr]Originally posted by: Silver2k1Dood

TJ[hr]

[IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/laugh2.gif[/IMG]WHAT A DUMBA$$[hr]
Huh? Read that again.
Old 09-05-2002
Registered!!

3rdcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey you MORONS!

Why would I say I've been running NGK Iridium IX's if I haven't?

Call up NGK (1-877-473-6767) for your friggin' self and give them the factory recommended, OEM NGK spark plug # (can be found in owners manual). They can cross-reference the OEM design with the proper Iridium IX plug. They will tell you the part # is 6441.

Just because many of our cars come with Denso from the factory (many come with NGK), doesn't mean jack.

zetaR: Yes, you're missing something. Many times, product manufacturer's websites are not updated with available products. Extra research can go a long way!

Silver2k1Dood: Think before you post. Your juvenile comment has no place without substantiation.

TJ