General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Stock Alarm Sensitivity

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NewCivicGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Stock Alarm Sensitivity

ok i swear i searched for this and didnt find anything [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/IMG]. most after market alarms have sensitivity adjustments, but i could roll mine over and it wouldnt go off [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/IMG]. is there a way to change mine?
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

slammed2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Nooo...i believe that the stock alarm cannot be changed/adjusted...
Old 08-28-2002
DMX
Registered!!

DMX is an unknown quantity at this point
that sucks!!
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

NewCivicGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
then does it even work?? ive tried everything and it WONT go off...could it just be a deterrent for people that see you lock or unlock it?
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

01civic911 is an unknown quantity at this point
did you have the actual honda alarm installed, or are you talking about the keyless entry that comes with the ex's? i dont know anything about the honda alarms, but the keyless entry has the panic button, and that sometimes makes people think its an alarm, not just a way to unlock the doors.
Old 08-28-2002
Registered!!

djlunatic is an unknown quantity at this point
the oem alarm is a passive alarm. it will only activate when door/ trunk is open and it is on. starting the car is a way to turn off the alarm, this was done incase your keyless entry battery dies. when you pen the trunk or door the delay time is about 2-4 seconds for the alarm to be turned off either by the keyless or the key w/ the chip turning the engine over. to my knowledge, and after reviewing the manuel for the alarm, you cant change it. if you want more go aftermarket

[IMG]i/expressions/beer_yum.gif[/IMG]
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

Luda is an unknown quantity at this point
I just installed the factory alarm on my 2k2 LX Civic coupe. It required the keyless remote entry module and then the security module to form the factory alarm system. There is no shock sensor built into the alarm system and no shops around here will install a shock or perimeter sensor since they claim it has no input ports. I believe that you should be able to tap into a wire in the harness that would allow power or ground triggers to work.

I believe shock sensors are ground trigger style units and should be able to be spliced into the wire that sends information when a door is opened. I will be picking up a shock sensor this weekend and will experiment. I post results if anything works out!
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

andy22 is an unknown quantity at this point
i have found that if i turn my car off and open the door only to chabge my mind and just sit in the car for a few minutes, then i put the key in the ignition and the alarm goes off. i have to use the button to turn it off.
Ofcourse I have a DX and part of my deal was to get keyless entry installed but they failed to do that but still gave me the EX alarm system. When I realized my keyless entry required a key i went back to complain and the guy who sold me the car conveniently forgot the deal we had.
Old 08-29-2002
Registered!!

silverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of lightsilverdevil is a glorious beacon of light
[hr]Originally posted by: andy22
i have found that if i turn my car off and open the door only to chabge my mind and just sit in the car for a few minutes, then i put the key in the ignition and the alarm goes off. i have to use the button to turn it off.
Ofcourse I have a DX and part of my deal was to get keyless entry installed but they failed to do that but still gave me the EX alarm system. When I realized my keyless entry required a key i went back to complain and the guy who sold me the car conveniently forgot the deal we had.[hr]
Don't they always?