General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

engine dress up

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zagzig is an unknown quantity at this point
engine dress up

2 questions, on stylinconcepts.com they have silicon hose mcovers and braided hose covers. which is the best to cover our hoses? the other question is how big should i get the hoses for. they have different sizes and i'm not sure which will fit my 2002 honda civic coupe.

well heres one more question. i'm looking to paint my dash and some interior parts. how do i do this? which paint do it use so that it doesn't fade?
Old 08-18-2002
Registered!!

UNPREDICTABLE is an unknown quantity at this point
theres different sizes of wire covers and loom etc.... but there both fine they dont melt or anything its youre preference for my split loom i just got the real big stuff and tie wrapped it it came out nice and for painting the dash components there special interior spays like 3 bucks a can you can pretty much rip all the pieces out and paint them its a honda ! lol and i think there is a diy for this
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

Briareos is an unknown quantity at this point
I just painted my interior trim pices, and it looks great... and I saved butt loads of $$$ on the honda trim parts.

I also will be painting my wire cover on the engine to match my car... anyone have any paint recommendations for this. The DIY is messed up on this one for some reason. Thanks.
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: Briareos
I just painted my interior trim pices, and it looks great... and I saved butt loads of $$$ on the honda trim parts.

I also will be painting my wire cover on the engine to match my car... anyone have any paint recommendations for this. The DIY is messed up on this one for some reason. Thanks.[hr]

Use good ol primer and some Dupli Color engine enamel...I did mine yellow with a black outline...looks great...

2Hottie
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

2Hottie is an unknown quantity at this point
[hr]Originally posted by: zagzig
2 questions, on stylinconcepts.com they have silicon hose mcovers and braided hose covers. which is the best to cover our hoses? the other question is how big should i get the hoses for. they have different sizes and i'm not sure which will fit my 2002 honda civic coupe.

well heres one more question. i'm looking to paint my dash and some interior parts. how do i do this? which paint do it use so that it doesn't fade?[hr]

Use Duplicolor Import Color in a can...you can paint it any color under the sun and it won't fade...I did mine silver and it looks awesome!

2Hottie
Old 08-19-2002
Registered!!

zagzig is an unknown quantity at this point
The Duplicolor Import Color in a can is for the engine or the interior?

What is the best paint to trim my interior dash pieces and paint my center console.

Also i need to know what size silicon hose dress up wires to put on.