General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Who's gonna do this DIY?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud oflazlong has much to be proud of
Who's gonna do this DIY?

I don't have keyless entry and I saw this and was curious if anybody was willing to ruin they're extra key fob and printer (you'll see when you read the article). I am thinking you should be able to use any bluetooth compatible device to do this. So check it out: http://www.popsci.com/diy/article/2010-09/open-secret
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EM2Newf is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Who's gonna do this DIY?

Looks neat but storing a printer and sacrificing a key fob really doesn't seem worth it to me.

Also, someone could turn on their wireless device on and discover the printer. Odds are they won't have a clue where it is or what to do with it but it would be another device showing up on your phone when bluetooth is in discovery mode.

Again, it's a neat idea but not overly practical.
Old 09-30-2010
Registered!!

breathingsulfer is an unknown quantity at this point

the idea sounds cool but not for me, someone will be willing to do it though and they should put up a vid to show us how it works
Old 10-04-2010
Registered!!

chuckisduck is an unknown quantity at this point

That sounds pretty cool. I think you could build something similar into the door of the vehicle to interface with the electronics there. I looked at several devices, but most look like they were discontinued.
Old 10-06-2010
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

you could just used a smaller bluetooth device. wire it so the + and - leads that go to the original function of the bluetooth device now go to the + and - leads of your driverside interior door switch. so when the blutooth from your phone sends the signal to the bluetooth device, the device now closes the circuit that you would close by pushing the button. of course you'd need a device with at least two functions so you could wire the switch to open and close. but you'd need a device that runs of 12volts or has a good small battery.
Old 10-12-2010
Registered!!

chuckisduck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mac25
you could just used a smaller bluetooth device. wire it so the + and - leads that go to the original function of the bluetooth device now go to the + and - leads of your driverside interior door switch. so when the blutooth from your phone sends the signal to the bluetooth device, the device now closes the circuit that you would close by pushing the button. of course you'd need a device with at least two functions so you could wire the switch to open and close. but you'd need a device that runs of 12volts or has a good small battery.
All you would need is a LDO power supply (3 prong radio shack 7805's) and 1 function. Its only an emergency i think.