General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jonj200369 is an unknown quantity at this point
Newbie question

Hi everyone, I am new the civic modding stuff but I am no stranger to mechanics. I have a question I have a 95 dx-se coupe 1.5L non vtec. I have had this car for a number of years and it has been great, I was thinking for buying a newer model but have decide to stick with this car. I want to do some type of motor swap, I know that there are many options available, I am looking for advice. I don't want to decrease my fuel efficiency drastically however I defiantly need more power. What in terms of simplicity are my options? can any one provide some options including estimated cost and degree of difficulty/customization ?

Thank you

slow civic
Old 09-25-2009
Registered!!

ssclayton10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Newbie question

Weeell it depends on what kind of money you are willing to spend on a swap. but tipically from cheapest and least powerful to most expensive and most powerful blocks. it would be The SOHC Z series around 150 hp stock swap vtec. Then you are getting into DOHC H series which typically falls into the region of preludes there are two kinds the non vtec and vtec blocks 150 without vtec to 200 hp with vtec stock swap and then the F series which typically come from S2000's which regretably are 180hp and then You have the most common and most performed engine swap which are the B18 series engines which come in all integra models vtec 200hp and non vtec 150hp and the "if you will" underdog B16 series which are less powerful and only come vtec and typically come in older Si models and finally least but not last you have the beasts of them all the B20 and B22 series engines which offer lots of power and performance if done right. so i hope this helps!

ps the most impressive and not as commonly used amoung regular people but definantly amound honda enthusiats(mind my spelling) . Its the vtec type R B18 swap and i mean it is beastly, because whats unique about this swap is that around 5,000 RPMs the camshaft changes its position and gives you a 190 horse power boost, thanks to VTEC! lol but yeah thats what i hear i have never seen one in real life though.

Buuut i hope this helps and gives you a good idea of what you wanna do with your swap options hit me up again if you have more questions or more specific mechanical questions

Last edited by ssclayton10; 10-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 09-25-2009
Im a Senior Member. Take that Noobs!!

Foffie has a spectacular aura aboutFoffie has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ssclayton10
Weeell it depends on what kind of money you are willing to spend on a swap. but tipically from cheapest and least powerful to most expensive and most powerful blocks. it would be The SOHC Z series around 150 hp stock swap vtec. Then you are getting into DOHC H series which typically falls into the region of preludes there are two kinds the non vtec and vtec blocks 150 without vtec to 200 hp with vtec stock swap and then the F series which typically come from S2000's which regretably are v6 and 180hp and then You have the most common and most performed engine swap which are the B18 series engines which come in all integra models vtec 200hp and non vtec 150hp and the "if you will" underdog B16 series which are less powerful and only come vtec and typically come in older Si models and finally least but not last you have the beasts of them all the B20 and B22 series engines which offer lots of power and performance if done right. so i hope this helps!

ps the most impressive and not as commonly used amoung regular people but definantly amound honda enthusiats(mind my spelling) . Its the vtec type R B18 swap and i mean it is beastly, because whats unique about this swap is that around 5,000 RPMs the camshaft changes its position and gives you a 190 horse power boost, thanks to VTEC! lol but yeah thats what i hear i have never seen one in real life though.

Buuut i hope this helps and gives you a good idea of what you wanna do with your swap options hit me up again if you have more questions or more specific mechanical questions
I hope this info didn't help you because this guy is a moron V6 s2k?? 190hp boost?? Are you fugging serious? This has to be a joke noone who joins a civic forum is really that stupid?? Are they??

to the OP just search the forum and google their are hundreds of possibility's but it all comes down to what you want and what kinda dough you wanna spend and also what kinda numbers you wanna put down.

Last edited by Foffie; 09-25-2009 at 10:13 PM. Reason: wasn't done rippin
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Foffie
I hope this info didn't help you because this guy is a moron V6 s2k?? 190hp boost?? Are you fugging serious? This has to be a joke noone who joins a civic forum is really that stupid?? Are they??

to the OP just search the forum and google their are hundreds of possibility's but it all comes down to what you want and what kinda dough you wanna spend and also what kinda numbers you wanna put down.
sorry haha well i am gonna be honest i dont know much about the s2K's or the type R swap thats why i said i heard from someone if i knew i would say it honestly lol but all that other sh*t is true though. me and all my friends mostly deal with and work on d16's b16's and b18's sooo yahh i AM an expert on those blocks lol sooo yeaaaaah
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

sorry haha well i am gonna be honest i dont know much about the s2K's or the type R swap thats why i said i heard from someone if i knew i would say it honestly lol but all that other sh*t is true though. me and all my friends mostly deal with and work on d16's b16's and b18's sooo yahh i AM an expert on those blocks lol sooo yeaaaaah
and hhaha he didnt say anything about all the rest of it because he knows i know what im talking about besides the stuff i wasnt sure on buuuut i gave it my best shot on the fuzzy stuff lolz
Old 10-01-2009
Registered!!

and hhaha he didnt say anything about all the rest of it because he knows i know what im talking about besides the stuff i wasnt sure on buuuut i gave it my best shot on the fuzzy stuff lolz
but i guess everyone is a noob in some areas right or else this forum wouldnt have been created lol
Old 10-01-2009

Old 10-01-2009

actually i didn't say anything about the rest of the stuff cause i thought i got my point across with the DUMBEST Part of your posts and didn't wanna flame the whole thing