General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

93 Civic Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
topcrusader is an unknown quantity at this point
93 Civic Engine Swap

Hi;

Interested in some advice about swapping engines in a 93 Civic. I have a shop and lift.

Part of me wants to raise the vehicle and drop the engine and trans out the bottom of the car. This will mean I will have to remove the steering rack. The plus side I will have the engine and trans together out of the car to seperate and put back together.

Part of me wants to remove the trans out of the right side, and then when it is removed, pull the engine out of the top. This may be easier, but I am not sure.

If you have done this before, could you please tell me which way you did it and if you ran into any problems?

Thanks
Old 04-21-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
civicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond reputecivicsrcool has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 93 Civic Engine Swap

leave the tranny on the motor and pull the whole thing from the top. like most normal people would do it.