General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Carb swap!!!! Redline or?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2009
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jacchan is an unknown quantity at this point
Carb swap!!!! Redline or?

Cars runs great 84 wagon 250+ k just out of emissions and I want to clean out all the 2+ miles of vacume line and crap. Need a good direction to go. I wouls rather not replace the intake manifold , but it is and option. I have had this car in my family since father bought it new. New to the thread did not want to ***** around so hope nobody shoot me for posting in 2 spots.....
Old 03-25-2009
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

drunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of lightdrunkenmagnum is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Carb swap!!!! Redline or?

That is a very interesting project. Just buy a rebuild kit for the carbs. it should come with most everything you need. otherwise you can just cut any additional lines to length and replace them that way.

Last edited by drunkenmagnum; 03-25-2009 at 08:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jacchan
Cars runs great 84 wagon 250+ k just out of emissions and I want to clean out all the 2+ miles of vacume line and crap. Need a good direction to go. I wouls rather not replace the intake manifold , but it is and option. I have had this car in my family since father bought it new. New to the thread did not want to ***** around so hope nobody shoot me for posting in 2 spots.....
Carb's is french for don't mess with it (stolen from speedfoos but so true)

If the car is running great I would not mess with the carbs. if you want to take care of all of those vaccum lines what i would do Is find out the ones you really need Like if you have a brake booster you deffinately need that one or if you have a vaccum advance on a distributor you need that one to. But a lot of vaccum lines are there for just emmisions purposes so you can pull out the line and plug the hole's going into the carbs/intake manifold. but make sure that they are plugged cause if you get Any air in the system it will idle erratically.
Old 03-30-2009
Registered!!

jacchan is an unknown quantity at this point

I was thinking about just running what I needed ie vacume advance etc. There are 3 other pumps vacume acuated on the carb alone. I have a spare stock carb as well. Its just ya know Yeah I got a Redline on it sounds good for the shop talk. But seriously if you guys think I can get away with just the lines I need I can plug all 33 other lines that are on it...... Yes 33 vacume lines in all. Kinda crazy!
Old 03-30-2009
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond reputebomerman19 has a reputation beyond repute

yeah just plug all of those lines