General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Checking the deck for warpage

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Checking the deck for warpage

My head was milled over the past few days and I'd like to check the block as well before putting it together. Can I just use a straightedge? Gimme some advice!
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
j182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura about
Re: Checking the deck for warpage

Use a straight edge and a feller gauage to check the block.
Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

now i know why i couldnt see most of the pics yesterday. photobucket got hacked lol. ill post a pic for you as soon as its fixed
Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member

Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of

Sounds good. I pray that it's fine....
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

j182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura aboutj182j has a spectacular aura about

Most of the time the block doesnt warp it is the head. To warp a block you had to over heat the F*ck out of it.
Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member

It overheated twice but never got more than 3/4 of the way or so up
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

Never ever ever ever seen a block warp......you would have to leave all the coolant out, drive for 5 days, no just kidding but it's hard work to warp it. The motor would probably stop running before the block warped. I asked all my mechanics in the back.....100+ years of experience & no warped blocks.....these guys even use to do head gaskets on Twin turbo supras back in the day....no warpage. I didn't even bother to check my block....
Old 06-19-2008
Registered!!

I wouldnt say you should never check a block, staranger things have happened. It only takes a little time to check, and I say better sfe than sorry.
Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by FoSho
Never ever ever ever seen a block warp......you would have to leave all the coolant out, drive for 5 days, no just kidding but it's hard work to warp it. The motor would probably stop running before the block warped. I asked all my mechanics in the back.....100+ years of experience & no warped blocks.....these guys even use to do head gaskets on Twin turbo supras back in the day....no warpage. I didn't even bother to check my block....
Makes me feel better lol
Old 06-19-2008
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-19-2008
This is Myspace

DsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to beholdDsevenEm2 is a splendid one to behold

Yea a block warping would be pretty tough to achieve.. but if its been milled it wouldn't hurt to check any mistakes someone might've done..
Old 06-19-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by FoSho
100+ years of experience & no warped blocks.....
Damn. Must be some old *** mechanics.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
Old 06-20-2008
Premium Member

They're old school
Old 06-20-2008
Registered!!

FoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of lightFoSho is a glorious beacon of light

5 mechanics, each w/ at least 20 years+.....100 years at least...and yes they're old ****ers...but they're good
Old 06-20-2008
Rough, Tough, Real Stuff.

Unevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to beholdUnevolved is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I know. It was low-hanging fruit. I couldn't resist.
Old 06-20-2008
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Unevolved
Yeah, I know. It was low-hanging fruit. I couldn't resist.
lol you must work in sales. Nobody else uses that term.