General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

DIY: Gearbox's Projector Retrofit

Old 04-17-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: DIY: Gearbox's Projector Retrofit

thanks, just finished putting in my spare fog projector set (with stock cutoff shield) so will have pics of those as well in a few hours.
Old 04-17-2008
Banished to the Depths of Rice.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant futuresl33pyriceboi has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by gearbox
shakes alot over every single bump! why? they are so tight idk what to do about that. really need to fix this. maybe rubber o-ring around the mounts?

not much distance light at all. i really need hi beams for dark roads now lol or at least driving light. im thinking about putting on my spare projector fogs (with cutoff shield) and boosting them with the catz zeta.
i use small springs to compress my projector away from teh rear housing...it makes the projector really stiff n doesnt move...

btw, nice retro. looks clean
Old 04-17-2008
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

okay they are so nice to drive with omg. i think i will call this thread a success and end it here lol. the shaking is really the only problem and i can live with that given how bright the light output is and how great it looks. look for pics soon in member rides. i drove around all night.
Old 09-02-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Old thread but I don't care. Since you were retrofitting oem headlights, how do I go about tightening up the reflector housing? I was replacing bulbs yesterday and realized the inside housing was loose. Do I have to bake my headlight or can I access the screws through an opening?
Old 09-02-2010
Premium Member

could not figure that out. the projector weight is just too much for the reflector and its adjustment mechanism. over time it will strip the plastic threads and there is no way to really fix it for good. even with brackets underneath and better securing of the projector, it would still shake. ended up ditching this retro and went to tyc projectors with the hid unit mounted directly to the rear housing with nuts/bolts. no shaking most of the time even with my stiff suspension. which reminds me...i need to open those up again and fix a bunch of problems lol.
Old 09-02-2010
Registered!!

lordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond reputelordhelmet has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, you slightly misunderstood me. I'm not retrofitting my headlights. The stock reflector is loose inside the headlight. Are you saying the stock reflector is just too much weight or are you saying the projector added into the reflector housing weighs too much? I tried adjusting the housing using the adjustment screws but had no luck.
Old 09-02-2010
Premium Member

oh okay you just have the factory reflectors with halogen? yeah its also possible the adjusters are stripped. had that happen before too even with stock. does the beam shake at night while driving? or is it just loose when you play with it. i dont think its really fixable because the plastic headlamp adjuster nuts are not sold separately.