General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Just got HID fogs. Is this how I switch a relay?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light
Just got HID fogs. Is this how I switch a relay?

Red = Positive
Black = Negative

Does ground = negative?
So on the ballast, do ground the black wire coming FROM the ballast, or do I get it to the negative battery terminal? And same for the switch.
Old 02-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Just got HID fogs. Is this how I switch a relay?

ground = negative battery terminal or chassis connection (which is connected to battery). you ground the ballast (-) wire to the chassis or (-) terminal. power gets connected to the harness. i dont really understand your drawing tho
Old 02-07-2008
Diamond Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of lightEnvy is a glorious beacon of light

the thing in the middle with the numbers is the relay. the switch is on the upper right. the battery is on the upper left. ballast middle left.
Old 02-07-2008
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute

oh okay lol i didnt know that was a switch. it seems right to me idk. check this thread to be sure and maybe suvlights.com too

http://www.rowand.net/Shop/Tech/Wiri...ightRelays.htm