General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Installing LED Washers

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
abfitch3518 is an unknown quantity at this point
Installing LED Washers

I know that there is a link in the DIY section of this website, but I am having some problems. I am not sure where exactly to hook up the electrical wires? HELP? anyone. Thanx
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

pogi2k1ex is an unknown quantity at this point
whats wrong with the link http://7thgencivic.com/diy/led_washers.cfm
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

dawg311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rather than refer you to the DIY you didnt like or tell you to search, I'll offer what I did. I left my headlights in and pulled the blinker plugs out of the back. Yes they fell out of reach but I used a wire to fish them out. I then attached the power wire for my LED's to that correct wire, green I think. This wire can be tucked nicely under the car all the way to the top, then tucked under the hood, you will see what I mean. For the ground, I think I just ran the ground wire down towards the head lights and grounded down there on a screw, all hidden or very close to. I used wire ties after that to secure the wires out of view. The way I wired them, they are only on when I use my blinker, but by using a different wire you can have them on with your lights or what have you. Hope this helped.

DawG
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

myexownsyou is an unknown quantity at this point
those things are soooooooo lame
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

Sarvic is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe, but hooking em up so that they turn on with the blinkers is kinda cool....
[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

cvc2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point
blinkers... yes! how come i havent thought of that! personally i've seen those washer lights on soooo many cars... from novas to neons... i think it is soo played out. but blinkers... it might be a good feature since it isnt on most of the time.
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

XxOLYxX is an unknown quantity at this point
hmm very nice idea hookin them up to your blinkers, sorry for biting your idea but i just might go ahead and get some washer leds to do the same, cause i hate how everyone has washer leds on every car, but having them as blinkers and only light up as blinkers is a hell of a good idea
Old 03-26-2002
Registered!!

Speedracer32 is an unknown quantity at this point
hate to burst your bubble...no i wouldn't[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
but this has already been thought of
i was going to do it, and so were some other people, but in the end found out it's not possible
i found out the hard way, blew a fuse, and parking lights, interior lights, and tailights wouldn't come on
very dangerous driving at night and not knowing how fast your going

do a Search. should be able to find more on it
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

cvc2k2 is an unknown quantity at this point

<< hate to burst your bubble...no i wouldn't[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/IMG]
but this has already been thought of
i was going to do it, and so were some other people, but in the end found out it's not possible
i found out the hard way, blew a fuse, and parking lights, interior lights, and tailights wouldn't come on
very dangerous driving at night and not knowing how fast your going

do a Search. should be able to find more on it
>>

okay... i havent bought a set of washer LED lights... but as i assume.. they juss hook up to your 12V power supply. The electrical portion of the Lights is like this.. one is (+) and the other is ((-)the chasis). so... logicly speaking.. we can tap into the blinker's (+) to recieve the signal to blink or to hook up your parking lights. There is one part i am not too sure of is this.. 2 LED lights... is it hooked up to some sort of transformer(black box) then have a pair of wires comming out((+)(-))??? if not... then we should be able to hook up those 2 LED lights individually.. one left blink... the other right blink.
It is logicly possible. I've hooked up competition mobile sound equipment since i was 16 and very intricate alarm systems such as the Clarion (tells you specificly where the car has been tampered with.. remote start etc... ) so logicly speaking.. it wont blow out any fuses if you hooked up the wires properly. were the two wires (ground and hot) touching the chasis at the same time in result causing you fuese to blow out? i dont know but it sure seems like it. BTW, several years ago i had a set of running lights that were triangle shaped with an LED inside from Hong Kong. I am quite sure that it is very similar to the LED washer lights. i need some1 to tell me if a transformer was apart of the LED Washer light's electrical system to confirm my theory.
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

dawg311 is an unknown quantity at this point
The LED's I installed also have a very small inline fuse so at worst it would just blow the bulb - I did that when I get the fuse off like an idiot. But I dont think I would even have to worry since there are seperate blinker fuses if I remember correctly in our 2k1's.
Old 03-27-2002
Registered!!

Don't know about all that but i just hooked them up today to my interior neons so they all come on wit one switch.
tapped into the back of the cig lighter and did some "custom" wiring seeing as thou i couldn't find the hole in the firewall for the LED's
DREW posted a chart a while ago for the wiring

..week later i hooked them up to a serperate swtich so that makes 2!!!
Old 05-03-2002
Jeremy's Iron

CivicRookie is an unknown quantity at this point
What are y'all talking about? I hooked up my LED washers on the blinkers and they're working just fine. So far I'm the only one who's done them over here...
Old 05-05-2002
Tomotor

xHoteKx has a spectacular aura aboutxHoteKx has a spectacular aura about
with the LED washers, couldnt you get pulled over for impersonating a rescue vehicle? i planned on hookin them up to my blinkers a while ago, but i didnt want to after thinkin bout gettin pulled over and ticketed
Old 05-05-2002
Registered!!

<< What are y'all talking about? I hooked up my LED washers on the blinkers and they're working just fine. So far I'm the only one who's done them over here... >>

..and they blink like a turn signal?

if so you probably would get pulled over for impersonating an officer unless they were clear, maybe