General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Ghey!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Ghey!!!

So i bought an 03 guage cluster out of an ex for my 05VP, called up the dealer I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM and they dont want to give me a stupid mileage adjustment sticker, the dealer 5 miles away says it will void my warranty, and the dealer 20 miles away cant figure out what im trying to do. The only light at the end of the tunnel is a dude named keith who can flash my ecu for 350 bucks. Im starting to wonder if a tach is worth it
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

lxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the roughlxcivic2k1 is a jewel in the rough
It would drive me insane to drive a car without a tach....all the cars I've driven have had a tach. Good luck tho, hope you do get it figured out.
Old 10-26-2006
Ashho-san 7thgen Ninja

Ashhole will become famous soon enoughAshhole will become famous soon enough
haha. i know in SC all you have to do is mark the last known mileage on the inside drivers door with somethign permanent so that you can always go back and check it when you try to sell it
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

familycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to allfamilycar is a name known to all
just buy an aftermarket tach man. at least youll have it for a purpose. i have a autometer sport comp silver tach with shift light ill sell you. $100+ shipping. and its easy to hook up your harness is already wired for it.
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

Eightball will become famous soon enoughEightball will become famous soon enough
It would only void the warranty on the gauge cluster. I would think you could still have them flash it. When my dealer put a new cluster in my car they had to send it somewhere else to put the mileage on it. You might call them and ask if they do it at their dealership or send them out. You might be able to get if flashed somewhere else. Also you could buy a pricey gauge cluster from Honda and then they can warranty it. Even though honda replaced mine my mileage is still off by a few thousand miles. At least it shows less miles than I have
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

getsome is an unknown quantity at this point
My dealer had to swap mine out due to the LCD in on my odometer/trip meter cracked, and I was having problems with the MPH dropping down to 30mph or so when id be cruising at highway speeds.

They sent it, to what the told me the only place that is allowed/certified and honored by the US to reset digital milege, someplace in Cali. But yea my milege is a couple thousand off as well.

I asked them about doing the swap as well and they said if they hooked it up for me it would be a risk of killing some wiring and voiding my warranty and they suggest I go with an aftermarket rather than that.
Old 10-26-2006
An elephant.... with stamps for hands.

thatsmrgimp2u is an unknown quantity at this point
Pretty much the same thing here. You know, i actually thought about buying an SI earlier tonight because of this, lmao. I think what i will do is wait until my warranty is up and then swap it in, my warranty will go all to **** if and when i get a k20 anyway, when i NEED a tach. And i guess 350 bucks is kinda fair for having it reflashed, but still IMO its not worth it. Should have bought an LX.....
Old 10-26-2006
Registered!!

getsome is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm getting an SI in April ( =