General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

painting valve cover powder coat red...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
painting valve cover powder coat red...

cani get the specs i want to paint my valve cover. what are teh tourqe specs and all that good stuff when i put it back on? 2004 honda civic ex coupe
Old 10-15-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
satinsilvervic will become famous soon enough
7lbs for the valve cover bolts all the rest of the bolts their are no tourqe specs
Old 10-15-2006
Registered!!

HwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura aboutHwNpRyDe_CiViC has a spectacular aura about
thank you sir
Old 10-27-2006
Registered!!

where can i get liek a rattle can powder coat spray? the wrinkle spray they sell in rattle cans is teh same as powerder coat or what? im looking to do this my self so i dont wanna take to shop to get done
Old 10-27-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by HwNpRyDe_CiViC
where can i get liek a rattle can powder coat spray? the wrinkle spray they sell in rattle cans is teh same as powerder coat or what? im looking to do this my self so i dont wanna take to shop to get done

There is no such thing as powercoat from a rattlecan....If you want the wrinkle look, then yeah they do make that in cans. Or you could just get some high-temp red paint if you just wanted it to be basic. IMO I think wrinkled red paint would be awesome
Old 10-31-2006
Registered!!

so wrinkel paint in ratllecan. that souds good gonna have to do that in 2 weeks.il have pics
Old 11-12-2006
I haven't been here in a long time

mkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the roughmkymonkey is a jewel in the rough
well kind of an old thread, but i have some imput. just buy VHT wrinkle paint, they make it in blue, black, red, and silver. its freaking easy to do, all you do is strip the paint from the valve cover with some spray on stipper (they sell them at autozone for 3 bucks) let it sit, and wipe it off. then clean the valve cover really well with soap and water. dry it well (this is important). once dry apply a thin coat of the wrinkle paint (no need for primer since the stripper also prepares bare steal for paint) wait 10-15 mins and apply the second coat. repeat as many times as you want, but remember the thicker the coat, the bigger the wrinkles. here's a pic of my valve cover from my accord

dont mind the bay, my water pump had just gone and i hadnt cleaned it but that gives you a basic idea, i did about 1 light coat and 4 normal coats.