General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

DIY: Installing Apex'i S-AFC

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wh3nw0rdsesc4pe is an unknown quantity at this point
DIY: Installing Apex'i S-AFC

Installing the Apex'i Super-AFC

First things first, mount the S-AFC where you would like it to be. Be sure to leave enough slack, to run the wires behind the glove box. I mounted mine on top of the steering wheel column. I ran the wire down the right side and under the fuse box door beneath the steering. There was plenty of slack with my placement.

Ok, wires now:

1. Connect the Black wire to the ground wire (black wire) under the passenger side seat.

2. Next connect the Brown wire 3-5 inches closer to the ECU, towards the front of the car, than the black wire. This is on the same ground wire as the black wire.

3. These should be the only wires running under the seat.

4. The gray wire should connect to the Red w/ Black Stripe wire. This is the Throttle Sensor wire. The Red w/ Black Stripe Wire is located on the ECU on the very bottom connector, the gray/black one.

5. Next the RPM sensor wire, this wire is located on the top connector of the ECU, the RPM sensor wire is the dark blue wire, the wires included with the RPM sensor are attached like this: WWW-WB-WWW. Where the W=other wire and the B=RPM meter wire. You will connect the green wire to this wire.

6. Next are the MAP sensor wires, you will have to cut this wire. This is the wire that the yellow and white wires from the S-AFC will connect to. The Green w/ Red Stripe wire (MAP SENSOR wire) is located on the ECU on the bottom connector. The white wire runs directly to the Map sensor, out from the ECU, and the Yellow wire will connect to the Map Sensor wire going to the ECU.

7. Visual = ECU------GwRS---YW---SAFC----WW---GwRS------Map Sensor.

8. Now to power the A’pexi S-AFC. Run the Orange wire from the S-AFC to the Yellow w/ Black Stripe wire on the BOTTOM of the gray connector. There are 2 Yellow w/ Black Stripe wires make sure you connect it to the bottom one. Now the Red wire from the S-AFC will connect to the Yellow w/ Black Stripe wire above the Orange wire. Power is all set.

This is what I have done to install my S-AFC, (Yes, it works fine). Special thanks to Boosted for some info. I have tried to make this as simple as possible, if you have any ?’s PM me and I will try my best. You cannot and will not hold me accountable for any mechanical problems encountered with this DIY, it is SOLEY up to you on installing this product. Mine is installed and is working fine, except the fact that I have yet to go to a DYNO, but I will as soon as I get some more cash flow… enjoy people!!!!

Last edited by wh3nw0rdsesc4pe; 05-26-2005 at 07:27 AM.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

AEMcivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Wow, thanks for the great DIY man.
Old 04-16-2002
Registered!!

No prob, glad someone appreicates this....
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

WhiteRiceBoi is an unknown quantity at this point
good DYI man, APEXi r00lz
Old 06-19-2002
Registered!!

thanks, but I wonder if anyone has actually used it....lol
Old 06-30-2002
Registered!!

BlueLightning is an unknown quantity at this point
may i ask what is the main thing does it do??? i see couple of ride have it.. what wold it do to you car?? i can see that it would control the power butlet me know
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

skitzo is an unknown quantity at this point
How do you like it in the LX, I was going to get one but didnt know if it would be worth 3 bills.
Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

Bluelightining - the air flow converter lets you simulate how much air is going into the engine, you can up the air so that the ECU thinks more air is going in, therefore it counters the air with more fuel...

It works better with more mods, and with all the engine mods out for the 7th gen's (LOL), you can definitley feel a difference I had mine tuned with a pretty major increase in the air ratio, you can tell a difference.

Old 07-03-2002
Registered!!

JAKE is an unknown quantity at this point
Awsome DIY, i wonder if its the same for the V-AFC cause thats what i have and i called Apexi and they said they havent hooked one up for the 7th gens yet. I heard the air and the fuel ratio part will work but the vtec controller on it wont work. But me and a shop are going to get my ECU diagrams and go by there and hopefully get it to work and send the plans to Apexi. Ill let you fellas and ladies know what happens. thanks for the DIY once again.

JAKE
Old 08-26-2002
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

IronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond reputeIronFist has a reputation beyond repute
Any more info yet?

IronFist
Old 03-23-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
i see nothing but "x's" and i need this DIY please email to me.
glycerin57@yahoo.com thanks
Old 03-23-2003
Registered!!

i guess the pics didn't transfer over onto the new server. i didn't save them, all he said to save was your member's ride profile and the private messages, so i thought these would transfer, i don't have them, on my computer here, and i doubt my computer at home still has them. if you need help IM me at - wastethedayaway i remember the whole install.