General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

engine block

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
engine block

i want an extra d17 sitting at my house so i can build it while i do a DD setup on my engine in the car.
i need to know if the engine block from a d17a1 and a d17a2 is the same. NOT THE HEAD. the block itself. not pistons, or crank or anything of that matter, but the BLOCK. bore of the block and dimensions.
i plan to get it sleeved, get different pistons, rods, and eventually a vtec head to build too. so someone let me know! thanx!
Old 06-02-2006
Registered!!

pon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nicepon55 is just really nice
I am very suprised you even asked this question.
Old 06-02-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
ha me too. maybe you should think about this a bit more
Old 06-02-2006
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i guess yes? the compression is different i thought with the a2 and a1. maybe its the head differnce. sorry. so the answer is yes right? lol. sorry i just REALLY want to make sure. like supermex. hes all "i double check it and then go check it again" hahaha