General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Need tester for plug and play dash LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Need tester for plug and play dash LEDs

I have completed a complete set of LED white dash replacements for the center console area. you will get four bulbs already mounted in sockets with resistors. You must have knowledge of how to remove the dash pieces and replace the bulbs with these leds, as well as remove the color films from behind the dash lights. I will also need pics. You may keep the bulbs for $10 if the test is successful. Regular non-tester price will be $25 shipped. Here is how they install. please take note of the + and - polarity and the direction of the resistor. the resistor lead must touch the positive terminal.

Old 03-16-2006
Boobies are the mans tinkertoys

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to beholddp_yz713 is a splendid one to behold
so its 10 bucks for the bulbs shipped? for the tester

if so i will be first in line

Last edited by dp_yz713; 03-16-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
http://www.ledautomotive.com/HowToGu...shLEDHowTo.asp

heres some instructions for anyone to use to take center console apart.

its good that you sell them pre-assembled, so much easier than trying. but thats how i learned to soder, lol.
Old 03-16-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
imo, selling a bunch of leds and resistors and then asking the customer to assemble them is not what i have in mind. If you're paying for something, you shouldn't have to do the work.

i have a tester already. someone sent me a pm before your post...

Originally Posted by dp_yz713
so its 10 bucks for the bulbs shipped? for the tester

if so i will be first in line

Last edited by gearbox; 03-16-2006 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-16-2006
spell check pwns you

tuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud oftuner04civic has much to be proud of
yeah i got them from them installed them hours later after a few tries i got it. they do sell the window switch and mirror lights(playing with circuit bards). But i think 25 for them assembled is a really good price. well worth it. good idea gearbox.
Old 03-16-2006
Premium Member

thanks. i didn't want to mess with the other controls because of that issue (bulb inside the switch on the board). and it was a pain to do haha.
Old 03-16-2006
spell check pwns you

yeah there are instructions for those on the site too. bad part is if u slip u fry the unit. i had problems more with the ac set up cause it took me 3 shots for it to light. but i like the mod. looks nicer on the interior.
Old 03-16-2006
Premium Member

i've done a few for people where they sent in the pieces and I wired in separate leds. imo that is the best bet because I put 2 leds and point them forward instead of sideways. makes it much brighter and more even. but we'll see if this works. I got a request for pink so i'll prolly do up the test pieces eventually.
Old 03-16-2006
spell check pwns you

well good luck, this is a real good deal people!
Old 03-17-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting...
Old 03-17-2006
Banned

CiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond reputeCiViCPrAnInG2k1 has a reputation beyond repute
OMG who requested pink leds??? is richard simmons here on the site?? hahaha
btw: great work gear. if people has tried them and it's retard proof, that's probably the time i'll get one. LOL
Old 03-17-2006
Registered!!

CustomXSpunjah is an unknown quantity at this point
request for blue please. Looking for Pretty bright blue leds and the LED Automotive ones arent much to loook at
Old 03-19-2006
Registered!!

grenloch101056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CustomXSpunjah
request for blue please. Looking for Pretty bright blue leds and the LED Automotive ones arent much to loook at
i second that. having them preassembled is also a plus. I got the parts from led automotive and tried soldering them. my low pateince level and sausage fingers didnt work out too well
Old 03-19-2006
CIVIC USER

jbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trustedjbrown59 should not be trusted
so what does this do exactly?
Old 03-19-2006
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Change the illumination color of your dash instruments (I think )
Old 03-20-2006
Registered!!

C-Mo is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by grenloch101056
i second that. having them preassembled is also a plus. I got the parts from led automotive and tried soldering them. my low pateince level and sausage fingers didnt work out too well
I will third that for blue led lights. i don't think I could handle the soldering myself...Great idea Gearbox
Old 04-06-2006
Registered!!

kingofheartz will become famous soon enoughkingofheartz will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gearbox
imo, selling a bunch of leds and resistors and then asking the customer to assemble them is not what i have in mind. If you're paying for something, you shouldn't have to do the work.

i have a tester already. someone sent me a pm before your post...
^---- i definately agree with gearbox
i bought an LED kit for the entire interior from LEDautomotive... 1 burnt pinkie and 5 hours later i got everything done... plug and play is sooo much easier!
Old 04-06-2006
Premium Member

well the white plug and play kits work well and are available if anyone wants.
Old 04-06-2006
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Originally Posted by gearbox
well the white plug and play kits work well and are available if anyone wants.
Just thought I would throw this out there:

On your "current" page, you mis-typed the word shapes.
Old 04-06-2006
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
thats cool but you should look into getting smaller resistors (surface mount resistors work well). in bulk they should be cheaper and so much easier to fit.