General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Where can I find ...........?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2006
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CrazyJose is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can I find ...........?

I have a '03 civic dx and looking to change my ECU settings like change timing and mixture settings. Is there anything out there?
Old 02-18-2006
Registered!!

EM2jdm is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by CrazyJose
I have a '03 civic dx and looking to change my ECU settings like change timing and mixture settings. Is there anything out there?
what are your mods, because you really shouldn't mess the tuning aspects of the car unless your run on a power adder like turbo or nitrous
Old 02-18-2006
7thgens official a$$hole

ajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to beholdajhdragon is a splendid one to behold
tp anwser your question VAFC II works ok, e-manage is next step better, and AEM EMS is your 3rd choice.
Old 02-18-2006
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

XSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really niceXSRCivic is just really nice
prices: $300 VAFC2, $600 Emanage, $1500 AEM EMS

Of course you get what you pay for.
-VAFC can adjust fuel @ 12 points on the rpm band, adjust vtec engagment but no ignition timing adjustment available.
-Emanage can do all that the vafc can do but lots more precision control over injector pulse and injection control. Timing control is available (MUST HAVE WITH TURBO/NITROUS)
-AEM EMS is godly. that is all.
Old 02-18-2006
Registered!!

Curiouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really niceCuriouz_G is just really nice
most likely he wants VAFC.
Old 02-19-2006
Registered!!

CrazyJose is an unknown quantity at this point
Im building project Impossible, a NA D17. I just got a complete engine, tranny and ecu for $650. Planning on mounting Arias forged piston HC, crower custom camshaft, custom intake manifold, vtec polished head, blah blah blah. I was just looking to fiddle with the ecu for mixture and advance timing. Thinking of the Emanage... is it any good?!?
Old 02-20-2006
Registered!!

CustomXSpunjah is an unknown quantity at this point
its a basic ecu that comes with all of Greddy's turbo kits, a run of the mill piggy back but it will probably meet your needs. The only reason to go with the AEM EMS is that you will see SERIOUS gains if you can tune it correctly. Only a handful of tuners out there can extract good power/times from the AEM system. Are you going full-race NA style with like 11.9:1 compression and all that? if so, you may consider spending the extra buck.