General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

rear tail light does not work now, any help?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MVHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
rear tail light does not work now, any help?

yesterday I decided to take apart my cf altezzas and clean them and there was some condensation so I let it dry out. however, after I put them back, my tail light did not work, the lower one that is on when you turn the lights on. i pulled the bulb and the 2 connections where still there within the bulb, (its also the brake light) and i moved the wires around too. i was very gentle with the whole ordeal, i don't understand why it doesn't work anymore. any ideas? where would the fuse for the light be. also, i really don't think it is the fuse because only one is out. should i take it back to the dealer. they may blame it on me. (confused)[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG][IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
take the whole assembly out and check the contacts on the bulb and the socket. use a rag or rubber grip to pull the bulb out (natural oils from your skin can damage the bulb, even those low-wattage rear ones). use a q-tip and isopropyl ("rubbing") alcohol to clean the insides of the socket and the metal parts on the bulb. put it back in and see if this works; if not...

try swapping bulbs from the lens on the other side of the car. if that works, your bulb is dead; just get a new one (automotive #7443 according to the chart in the DIY section). if it still doesn't work...

put the stock lenses back on. cuz maybe your bulb, like me, just doesn't like altezzas [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

bhayes82 is an unknown quantity at this point
okay, just saw the pics of your car and i'll take back the comment about the altezzas [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

those actually look pretty cool on your car. so everyone, hear me now: as long as your civic is black, then carbon fiber altezzas are sweet!

...but i'm not changing my mind on this: chrome ones are a no-no on ANYTHING but the IS300 ("altezza")!
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

MVHonda is an unknown quantity at this point
lol, thanks, will do. i actually was going to switch them out left to right last night but it got too late. thanks again.
Old 02-14-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
if it doesnt work after trying all this, put the stock tails back on and take it to the dealer and tell them it just happened [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/IMG]

<< okay, just saw the pics of your car and i'll take back the comment about the altezzas

those actually look pretty cool on your car. so everyone, hear me now: as long as your civic is black, then carbon fiber altezzas are sweet!

...but i'm not changing my mind on this: chrome ones are a no-no on ANYTHING but the IS300 ("altezza")!
>>

wow a on your altezzas from an altezza hater
i like the CF altezzas on black too, and ive starting to not like the chrome ones on much of anything.. though the CF tails really arent altezzas since they dont look anything like the tails on the altezza