General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Engine exhaust outlets size?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redviking is on a distinguished road
Engine exhaust outlets size?

I'm looking forward to install a header on my DX and attach it to a hi-flow cat and a RSX-S OEM cat-back exhaust.

I hesitate between a Kamikaze header for DX/LX or do a EX exhaust swap aftermarket or OEM...

However what is the benifit of increasing the piping size on the header on each port if the outlets on the engine are still the same OEM size?

Base on that, I should save my money and just intall a OEM EX header... a system is restrictive where it is the smallest... so my restriction will be directly from the engine itself (unless I P&P!)... Am I wrong?

What are the size of the exhaust outlet on the D17 engine?

Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

gipperkid is an unknown quantity at this point
You should just invest in an DX/LX exhaust system, or an EX exhaust and buy the tanabe extension pipe. Then buy the Kamikaze header. I have a new Kamikaze header if you are interested.
Old 11-16-2005
DONT PANIC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
turboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to allturboengnr is a name known to all
the stock port size is approximately 1.25"

If you have a nice transition from a smaller pipe to a larger one, you can benefit from it.

But if you have a 1.5" pipe bolted up to your 1.25" port, then no, you may actually lose power.
Old 11-16-2005
Registered!!

Redviking is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by turboengnr
the stock port size is approximately 1.25"

If you have a nice transition from a smaller pipe to a larger one, you can benefit from it.

But if you have a 1.5" pipe bolted up to your 1.25" port, then no, you may actually lose power.
Thanks!

So does the aftermarket header have a nice transition? which brand?

Kamikaze are 1.75" from what I read....
Old 11-16-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
kamikaze is great it matches my pnp head perfectly. but for stock head just get DC header.