General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

inner door locks

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005
Crayons taste like purple...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
inner door locks

I've been wondering for a while about this and haven't thought of a different conclusion other than it is a mere safety feature....

when you try to push down the inner door lock of the drivers door while it is open, and I'd say a good portion of other Hodna cars save for a few accords model years in the 2000's I think, it doesn't go down. This happens with the non-power doors too...

is it a safety feature as to not let you lock your car with the keys in it? although its still feesible....

I've never seen another vehicle brand that does this....
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point
Its to prevent you from locking your keys in your car. my 96 DX did that too.
Old 11-13-2005
My Baby Daddy

PlasmaGT is on a distinguished road
My 92 accord did it too. Just hold the handle out and you can push the lock down.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

DDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of lightDDragon7 is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, I like that feature. It eliminates the need to carry a spare key.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

Pushpa will become famous soon enoughPushpa will become famous soon enough
just safety but sometimes it irritates me that i can't just chuck my keys in my purse cause i have lock up when i get out....sorry just a ramble hehehe
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

mrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura aboutmrchowmein has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Pushpa
just safety but sometimes it irritates me that i can't just chuck my keys in my purse cause i have lock up when i get out....sorry just a ramble hehehe
just do what one of the posters said, pull on the release handle then lock the car.
Old 11-13-2005
Words on a User Title

ramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond reputeramcosca has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by mrchowmein
just do what one of the posters said, pull on the release handle then lock the car.
I don't recommend doing that...
Honda has that for a purpose, you know...
I've left my keys inside the car a few times thanks to using the door handle trick...
Old 11-13-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
[QUOTE=Shroomster] a few accords model years in the 2000's I think, it doesn't go down. QUOTE]

ALL honda's. Those accords would let you lock the doors, but will immediately unlock if the door is open.
Old 11-13-2005
Registered!!

SimonTek is an unknown quantity at this point
I like how if you don't open your door after 30 secs after unlocking it, it re-locks.
Old 11-13-2005
Last time I had this much fun some furniture got broken!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
diskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to beholddiskreet is a splendid one to behold
Here is my surefire, works 100% of the time, way of never locking the keys in the car.

If you are getting out and NOT leaving the car, ie going to trunk or whatever, and the car is on or off, just put the window down before closing the door. worst case scenario is you crawl in or reach in. Never locks the keys in though.
Old 11-13-2005
Drunken Master-7thgen Ninja

MajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to beholdMajinB is a splendid one to behold
i keep a spare key in the wallet. and yea that lock thing is on my dads 95 civic too. and mine. and the 30 second rule is true, unlock and don't open the driver door and when the light goes out in the cabin the locks will lock back up. its weird cause if you do the passenger door after 30 secs the doors still lock...
Old 11-14-2005
A big, hairy Kentucky boy

stinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to allstinkypie is a name known to all
Also, you can't lock the doors if the key is in the ignition. I accidently left my valet key in the ignition(had been to the hospital and they have valet parking) and I couldn't figure out why I couldn't lock the doors with my remote when I got home.
Old 11-14-2005

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
[QUOTE=skipbarber]
Originally Posted by Shroomster
a few accords model years in the 2000's I think, it doesn't go down. QUOTE]

ALL honda's. Those accords would let you lock the doors, but will immediately unlock if the door is open.

if you're gonna quote be sure to use the full part of the text, thats why the comma is there cuz a few of the accords actually let you lock the door from the inside while it is open..thats why i comma'd the accord fragment.....
Old 11-14-2005
ASE Certified Master Tech (A1-A8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
skipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to allskipbarber is a name known to all
I was just clarifying.
Old 11-14-2005

me too no hard feelings