General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

someone please HELP!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2002
White Pony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alltech01civic is an unknown quantity at this point
someone please HELP!!!!!!

ok, i have skunk2 coilovers on my car and the ride is perfect, it barely bounces, it feels stock....oh well, actually when i turn the steering wheel i hear some kind of knocking noise on the front left side....it's really annoying.....im just wondering if ya'll have an idea of what it is?....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]
Old 02-05-2002
Registered!!

bottlefed is an unknown quantity at this point
are you sure it is when u turn or is it when u touch the brake??
try this, put your car in drive and go like 10 ft. and hit brakes. go slow though
then go slow in reverse then hit brake.
if that is the same sound then it is because our stock brake pads are loose so they click back and forth. when i first bought my car last year i thought it was when i was turning but it's just braking. nothing wrong though so if that is what it is then don't worry
Old 02-06-2002
White Pony

nah it is when i turn.....ALWAYS.....it bugs the hell out of me though....im thinking it's the stabilizer bar....
Old 02-06-2002
White Pony

but see it happened when i first dropped it, then the next day it didnt do it...but just recently came back....
Old 02-06-2002
Registered!!

deception420 is an unknown quantity at this point
hey i know what your prob is... or well my friend had it... but uh... he didn't have the skunk coil overs... he had the NEX racing spec coilovers. after a while the steering arm just broke from its welding points... couldn't drive... basicly im telling you not to buy the NEX... to answer your question about how to fix it or what it comes from im not sure... OTHER THEN... check the steering arm on your shocks with the wheels off (YES this means you have to jack up the car and remove the wheels) look and check to make sure the steering arms aren't resting on the splash guards or fender or whatever that plastic thingy is between the engine bay and the wheel well. if the arm is resting on that your hearing the arms nuts scrape on the plastic... if not that your welds are coming loose
Old 02-06-2002
White Pony

thanx deception 420, im'a have to check that out......do you think it could be something else?.....my friend said it's nothing to worry about.....he said on his si it did the same thing for awhile and then it went away and came back...and eventually just quit doing it....[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/IMG]