General Honda Civic Forum Archive. The archive is dedicated to storing threads for research purposes only, please place questions in their appropriate forum.

Custom red glow cluster *DONE* pics pics pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
nice, gearbox. same technique i used, filtering out the stock backlit bulbs with some paper element. i think it's easier to do with the 03+ clusters since they are LED's to begin with. But yeah, nice job

if my sig shows up, that's how mine look:

actually, here's a pic haha

Old 09-12-2005
2k1civic.com O. G.

AzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enoughAzNmiKex215 will become famous soon enough
sweeetness!
Old 09-12-2005
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
That 03 cluster looks pretty good. I like mine white tho cause it matches my alpine deck backlight.
Old 09-12-2005
Life Begins > 6800rpms

blouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to beholdblouisgod is a splendid one to behold
whoa looks sweet
Old 09-12-2005
Autocross Junky

Zzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond reputeZzyzx has a reputation beyond repute
...I have a 01 ex... and it came with a Red cluster Stock... so whats the big deal?
Old 09-12-2005
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
yours is red/orange and dim. Mine is pure red and bright!
Old 09-12-2005
Smuggling bananas and mexicans all for one low price...

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I have the redish amber stock also. For everyone wondering I asked gear to do this for me because I'm a ***** for matching colors, and I need my cluster to match my defi BF series gauges. That's the soul purpose =)

Last edited by TheSmuggler; 09-12-2005 at 07:33 PM.
Old 09-12-2005
Registered!!

skarteez is an unknown quantity at this point
ahhh i see. well, like i said before, GREAT JOB
Old 09-12-2005

TheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond reputeTheSmuggler has a reputation beyond repute
btw gear I don't have your paypal LOL. Just pm me it and as soon as I get it ill send you the dough and the address =)
Old 09-12-2005
Premium Member

I hope it matches I couldn't really compare to anything tho.

Last edited by gearbox; 09-12-2005 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-12-2005
I spend way too much time on this website

LowSky is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks good man
Old 09-13-2005

Yeah, gear that pic is what I'm shooting for. thing is ive never sat in an evo at night to compare my stocks to the evo's lol. I hopw it matches also.
Old 09-13-2005
Premium Member

well my pics aren't exactly how they look due to camera. They are very red and not amber. I thought the defi gauges were amber?
Old 09-13-2005
Premium Member

ima see if the evo dealer is open past dark so I can get a good look. I already have a good pic in my mind of how mine look.
Old 09-13-2005

Yeah, they say amber/red on their website, but they lean more towards red. The evo gauges are pretty darn red I believe. Maybe they are supposed to be like the same color the needle glows, which is like red with a hint of amber. SHEESH lol, I appreciate you helping me out with all this bro.
Old 09-13-2005
Registered!!

honda860 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
great work man looks sick. wanna do mine i want green behind mine
Old 09-13-2005

see there one of the BF's on a wrx. maybe what i should do is send you a bf gauge so that you can try to match it in person. lol
Old 09-13-2005
Premium Member

ya maybe? that would be best. But i'll try and visit the dealer and check to see how close I got.
Old 09-13-2005

Yeah will ya do that. If it's close it's good, it dosent have to be like SPOT on, just closer than my stock ones lol. then if that dosent work ill look into sending you a gauge.
Old 09-13-2005
Registered!!

kickoo is an unknown quantity at this point
where can i ge tthe bulbs for the back of this cluster?
Old 09-13-2005
Premium Member

Not sure. You have to check the size and see, because some are the smaller #74 and others are bigger. I don't even know the name.
Old 09-13-2005
Premium Member

Well they didn't have any evos there unfortunately. The sales guy thinks they are amber, but the pics say they are red (and look red). Says permanent illumination which makes me believe they are LEDs meaning it would have to be red. They're not getting another in for a week or so. Idk what to do now?

Oh and I sat in an eclipse and checked out the dash lights. Omg they are beautiful! Everything is lit up with blue leds.